knox sentralok / CDM1250 install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

slhfire
New User

knox sentralok / CDM1250 install

Post by slhfire »

our department has gone to Knox Sentralok key locks. We currently utilize CDM1250 radios in the apparatus. in order to integrate the key boxes to be released by the dispatcher I need the tones that come over the radio channel to be transferred over to the Sentralok box.

I figured that the "flat audio" on pin 11 of the accessory plug was the best way to go for this, but it's a 2 wire setup from the sentralok box, where would the other audio wire be connected ?

I suppose the other option would be to use the "speaker" pins, but I fear that if someone turned the radio down too far or up to far that the signal would not be able to be picked up, or it would become too distorted respectively.

Any guidance would be appreciated
pfd radio

Re: knox sentralok / CDM1250 install

Post by pfd radio »

I know that my department uses the flat audio for the Knox box keys. Not a problem - CDM 1250's & 1550's
pfd radio

Post by pfd radio »

I would ask someone better versed, than myself, on accessory pins - I am not sure what you would use with the flat audio (I would think another flat audio or an audio ground). I'm sure that someone here can give you the correct info.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

One wire to flat audio out, the other to a ground pin. Pin 7 will work
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Pin 7 is ground
Pin 11 is flat rx audio and is partially programmable
Pin 1 is speaker -
Pin 16 is speaker +

The flat rx audio should work
fineshot1
NJ USA
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

One point that you should investigate is that there is some DC bias voltage on the pin 11 flat audio out.
Check out the internal circuit of the Knox Box and see if they have a cap in series with the audio input.
If not, then you might want to add something like a 1.0 uf cap to block the DC.

I have seen some installs where if the cap was not installed, the fixed audio level was too low to be used.
Without the cap, the signal gets grounded by what ever the load is that you are connecting.

Jim

fineshot1 wrote:Pin 7 is ground
Pin 11 is flat rx audio and is partially programmable
Pin 1 is speaker -
Pin 16 is speaker +

The flat rx audio should work
JD

Post by JD »

I have a mobil repeater connected to a CDM 1250. It uses the Discriminater , pin # 11, can I also connect the Sentraloc to the same pin without causing any loading problems. Thanks.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

JD wrote:I have a mobil repeater connected to a CDM 1250. It uses the Discriminater , pin # 11, can I also connect the Sentraloc to the same pin without causing any loading problems. Thanks.
Without having schematics in front of me of all equipment used, I would expect loading when double terminating like that. You should probably make a resistor bridge to minimize the effect, and then adjust your inputs accordingly.
Will

Post by Will »

I think you would want the FILTERED AUDIO output.

"Mobile repeater" ? Can you elaborate?
JD

Post by JD »

Pyramid SVR 200 ,

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”