Impala 2005 Command Center

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kg6bki

Impala 2005 Command Center

Post by kg6bki »

Looking to Build a Command Post for the Trunk of my 2005 Impala. Does anyone have any pictures of suggestions. I'm looking at having a printer. Power Inverter and maybe a another radio mounted in the back. Drawing out a design now to cut some wood and make some sorta deck in the trunk. Any suggestions please advise

Thanks Brian
ka8ypy

Re: Impala 2005 Command Center

Post by ka8ypy »

Have you looked at any of the pull out mounting shelves for equipment from Havis Shields, Jotto, Troy, etc.?

Just a suggestion.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

For what you're wanting to do, I'd have to recommend going with a commercial product made to hang from the rear deck. I made a shelf to sit behind the spare tire for radio mounting, but it would be useless for what you're wanting to do if you have a full-size spare.
kg6bki

Post by kg6bki »

Yes...Under the trunk of the car I have a Full Size Spare tire...Hmmm...I might just look at something commerical...see what I can do...

Brian

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”