XTL5000 - o5 Head - DEK setup

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

LASD
New User

XTL5000 - o5 Head - DEK setup

Post by LASD »

Is there anyone who has an XLT5000 with remote mount o5 Head with DEK box and Astro Siren Amp setup that works? If so, could someone please post a list of the cables, DEK and Siren amp model numbers. I have been reading for days and cannot find a post where all the info is compiled in one place.

Which cable is used to connect the Siren amp to the XTL5000?
Which cable is used to connect the DEK to the o5 control head? (I think it's "HKN6189B" But I just want to verify)
If anyone has a basic diagram of the setup, that would be of great help.

Thanks for any and all help on this.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: XTL5000 - o5 Head - DEK setup

Post by jmr061 »

HKN6189 is remote head to DEK cable

It uses the standard Astro Spectra Siren AMP and Siren Cable.

Jason

Edited the part #, the 6189 is the correct.

Jason
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Did you get this set up?

Jason
LASD
New User

Post by LASD »

Got everything up and working properly. Interesting I was under the impression from some posts I read on the BastBoards that only the siren amp marked with "ASTRO" would work with the xtl5000. I have both the "ASTRO" and "SPECTRA" siren amps; I tried the SPECTRA model first and it works fine. I'll post the model numbers of all the parts I used.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”