xtva faceplate question

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

topcop1833

xtva faceplate question

Post by topcop1833 »

All,
I revenctly picked up a Motorola XTVA, and wanted to install it in a console. I'm partial to Jotto Desk, but I've heard their XTVA faceplate is not so great. I was checking around to see if anyone had pics of an XTVA installed in a console (havis, troy, jotto) before I have one custom made for Jotto. Please post any pics of an XTVA you may have, thanks!
n9upw

Re: xtva faceplate question

Post by n9upw »

When I get home from work on Saturday I can post some pics. Agreed, the Jotto Desk faceplate if far from perfect. It's only a 2" plate and doesn't even cover the whole XTVA. I had to order a 1" filler plate and cut that to make it fit like I wanted it to. Like I said, pics to come this weekend.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I'll have to snag a picture... I've got one in a Havis console/faceplate - 4" blank, works fine. Only downside is, since the XTVA is an open-front unit, stuff has the potential to fall down the "hole" of the XTVA and out the open face, ending up in the console. Hasn't been a problem yet, though.
n9upw

Post by n9upw »

According to Jotto Desk, the face plate for the XTVA is: Motorola XTVA Charger (2") #425-6125 . Why this is a 2" plate I have no idea. Needless to say once I get it installed, I was unhappy and had to order a 1" blank plate to make up the space. Then I had to cut the blank plate to get it looking right. I have a buddy who has a 4" Havis plate which works a looks great but my dilemma was I only had 3" of space to work with in my console. Anyway, here are some pics:

and

Here I took an old universal mounting bracket and custom mounted it to the end of the console to hang extra portables from.
topcop1833

Post by topcop1833 »

thanks for the pics

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”