2000 dodge caravan

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb2crk
What radios do you own?: Astro Spectra Spectra Maratrac

2000 dodge caravan

Post by kb2crk »

it is in progress so be nice lol.

just call me dos impaired.... lol
Bill_G

Re: 2000 dodge caravan

Post by Bill_G »

Very clean. Nicely done.
vcaruso
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by vcaruso »

How bad dose the alternator do when you Xmit with the Maratrac? Do you have dual batteries? Did you upgrade from the stock alternator? I have to move an M400 110 Watt Low Band in to a 99 Voyager and was wondering what kind of havoc it would cause on the charging system....
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

vcaruso wrote:How bad dose the alternator do when you Xmit with the Maratrac? Do you have dual batteries? Did you upgrade from the stock alternator? I have to move an M400 110 Watt Low Band in to a 99 Voyager and was wondering what kind of havoc it would cause on the charging system....
i am running a single battery and have the factory 90 amp alternator. it handles the load just fine with the vhf hi band 100 watt maratrac.
if you are worried about the load a 120 amp alternator was available on these vans and can usually be found on the town and country version in junk yards. i may be adding an isolator and second battery in the future but for now it works great.
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

this whole setup will be changing soon as I drop a havis console between the seats. as soon as i can find a hhch cable for the uhf spectra it will be going in along with a lowband maxtrac and the low band maratrac that has been sitting on the bench waiting to be installed. the current home brew mount is going because it has the passenger seat half blocked leaving it useless.
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

Time to locate some havis maxtrac and maratrac mounts.
i have two maratracs (6meter and 2 meter) and 3 maxtracs (2 uhf and one lowband(99 channel))
and a uhf spectra with a hhch to go in the van. I have been volunteered as the head of communications for the CERT group i belong to.... one of the uhf maxtracs is programmed to frs/gmrs as a receiver as the hills tend to screw with the signals and limit range.
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

the T84 spectra is hooked up in the van (not mounted yet, strapped in the rear seat with the seatbelt.lol) it works great and as soon as the console parts get here it will all be put in right....
kb2crk

Post by kb2crk »

Well a complete new install. ok, same van, same home brew mount. Moved the mount so that the passenger seat was usable again. Pulled the vhf Maratrac and siren unit. Pulled one of the Maxtracs. Installed an Astro Spectra a4 for vhf with a dek and siren/pa. the hhch uhf spectra is also in. A vhf lo band Maratrac is where the old maratrac was. the mocat was moved and speakers were put on the mount. i will have to re arrange as soon as i can replace the a3 spectra with a a9.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”