2010 Suburban Install Ideas?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

allplowedout
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

2010 Suburban Install Ideas?

Post by allplowedout »

Anyone do a build on a 2010 chevorlet suburban?

Looking for ideas on locations for two remote mount radios (astro spectra size), & SS2000SM control box.
Rear of vehicle is split seats no bench seat so across the underneath on the floor is out.

Pretty limited options from what I was able to see.

Anyone have some insight on this?

Thank You
Jim202

Re: 2010 Suburban Install Ideas?

Post by Jim202 »

allplowedout wrote:Anyone do a build on a 2010 chevorlet suburban?

Looking for ideas on locations for two remote mount radios (astro spectra size), & SS2000SM control box.
Rear of vehicle is split seats no bench seat so across the underneath on the floor is out.

Pretty limited options from what I was able to see.

Anyone have some insight on this?

Thank You

Haven't seen the new Suburban vehicles, but in the older units, there was some space under the rear seat on the driver side. When the seats were folded down, this space was protected.

Jim
groundrat99

Post by groundrat99 »

We have pulled the rear plastics in the cargo area and mounted all the equipment to the back side then re-installed the panels. Works out fairly well.
wd9cms

Post by wd9cms »

I really like the look of this jottodesk console that inserts into the existing console. Please take a look at this install on elightbars.org.....

http://www.elightbars.org/phpBB3/viewto ... =39&t=8591

Bill
Bill, WD9CMS
444.775 PL131.8/NAC293
927.900 PL131.9/NAC293
nypd

Post by nypd »

plently of room for the ss2000 brain under the oem console, pop the panel up and you will see what i mean
im always looking for t-band radio's... especially sabers..
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

We mount the smart siren in the rear hatch area behind the plastic trim over the drivers side wheel well. There is a nice flat spot on the metal with a factory stud that fits a 10mm nut for the bracket. The radio fits under the rear seats. I fab up some custom brackets and and a sheet of carpeted plywood, Then mount the radio to that. Its out of sight and doesnt affect the seat when it folds down.
allplowedout

Post by allplowedout »

thanks for the input so far, for some reason the automated email when replies are received did not tell me there were replies!

I appreciate everyones ideas so far.
Only situation is the back seats (not the 3rd row area) have two captains chairs instead of a split 60/40 bench seat.

Does anyone know if this can be changed if one was to locate a 60/40 split seat?

Aside from that, it seems that a spectra would mount under the captains charis in back seat but would be sorta tight, and havent removed seats yet to inspect further.

I was going to lean towards rear wheel well for equipment mounting but figured I would ask around to see what nifty ideas people have out there in Batville...

Thanks for the link to that jotto desk console, its clean and I think its sharper than the Havis drop in variety.

Anyone have any more info to lend?

Thank you again for your time reading and responding.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Is it a spectra high power or Med?
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Post by abbylind »

I had 2 Orions in a 07 LTZ Tahoe. Mounted them under the 2nd row Capts chairs. The interconnect cable ran between the two chairs against the hump to the rear 3rd seat. It was hardly noticeable against the black carpet. BTW one Orion was a high power. Fit snugly under the seat. I used a Jotto console with 1 control head for the two radios. One antenna went to center of the roof. The other was suction cupped to the rear quarter window.
Sold the Tahoe otherwise Id post pics

Fowler
Q: Does this unit come with a speaker?
A: hello yes its in the radio thanks
allplowedout

Post by allplowedout »

The spectras being mounted are mid power W3 and W5 models.
Under 2nd row capt's charis seems like best bet only other option would be behind plastic panels in rear cargo area but that would make them a huge task to swap or access if needed.
I dont think anything larger than a spectra would even fit under the capts chairs but it is VERY tight.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”