R.I.C.K. issue on police cruiser today...HELP

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VehicleSolutions

R.I.C.K. issue on police cruiser today...HELP

Post by VehicleSolutions »

I got a service call for "A radio that won't stop transmitting". I got on site and turned on vehicle and master switch. I made sure that radio A (CDM1250 vhf) radio B (cm300 uhf) and the RICK were all turned off.

I turned on CDM1250 and it broadcast to dispatch on all channels fine. I turn on the cm300 and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere but space. I "enabled" the rick and when I ptt on the cdm1250 the RICK cor light activates and will not deactivate once I remove my ptt on the cdm. I have to "unenable" the rick and then the cdm finishes hitting the tower and 2 seconds later stops transmitting. The cm300 when I ptt it with the RICK on nothing happens so I think it is just a 1 way set-up on the RICK.

Any idea's????
Ryan Shanower
Vehicle Solutions
1015 Kenyon Ave. NW.
Massillon, Ohio 44647
vehicle.solutions@yahoo.com
SlimBob

Re: R.I.C.K. issue on police cruiser today...HELP

Post by SlimBob »

Got a spare rick to test with?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: R.I.C.K. issue on police cruiser today...HELP

Post by HLA »

check the cables going from the rick to the radios, make shure they are not worn thru and arcing out to anything. And has this vehicle hit anything lately, even a big pothole that could of jarred the internal switches, the switches could be stuck between contacts?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”