Amp Connector Clip Search

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pforbes

Amp Connector Clip Search

Post by pforbes »

This may take a few of you wayyy back but here goes. Back before those little Velcro straps were created to secure 50 pin Amp connectors (Quantar, 66 Blocks, etc), there were little U-shaped clips used to keep them in place. The Amp connectors were originally designed to mate with a similar connector where each had one screw and the two of them secured the connectors together. When used on a chassis connector the second screw wasn't there. Therefore a clip was developed.
I'm in need of 10 of those clips. I'm looking for the long ones as there was a shorter version for the smaller connector that looks sorta like it.

Anyone have those things?
Patrick
RFguy

Re: Amp Connector Clip Search

Post by RFguy »

Available from DigiKey. They are used on the Centracom CEB backplane to secure the 7-pair OP position cable in place. They were available in 3 sizes.

DigiKey part number A24338-ND for the 36 and 50 pin size. Tyco part number 552723-1 ( I think this is what you need)

Other sizes

DigiKey part number A24339-ND for the 14 and 24 pin size. Tyco part number 552723-2 (For the CentraCom OP connector)

DigiKey part number 552723-3-ND for the 64 pin size. Tyco part number 552723-3

pforbes

Re: Amp Connector Clip Search

Post by pforbes »

Holy Cow! That's it all right. And see what Google helped me find: 4284995M01 (part of TKN8171A/8172A- NLA) $2.59 each. Available, to boot! Those I can get with a few clicks. DigiKey needs PO's that I can't get.Nuts! Tried two different ways of posting a pix.
Patrick

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”