XTL2500 to David Clark intercom type system

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EPC_1111
What radios do you own?: More than you could imagine

XTL2500 to David Clark intercom type system

Post by EPC_1111 »

Has anyone interfaced the 2500 to a David Clark intercom system? What all is necessary parts wise? The accessory pdf was of no help. O5 control head.
antennas require holes anything else ruins performance and looks lame
Jim202

Re: XTL2500 to David Clark intercom type system

Post by Jim202 »

EPC_1111 wrote:Has anyone interfaced the 2500 to a David Clark intercom system? What all is necessary parts wise? The accessory pdf was of no help. O5 control head.

By any chance have you tried asking David Clark if they have a document providing that information?
That would be where I would start my search for information.

Jim
EPC_1111
What radios do you own?: More than you could imagine

Post by EPC_1111 »

That is where we started. All they offer is a pigtail bundle to splice in to. I havent the clout to switch the vehicles over to Firecom unfortunately.
antennas require holes anything else ruins performance and looks lame
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

EPC_1111 wrote:That is where we started. All they offer is a pigtail bundle to splice in to. I havent the clout to switch the vehicles over to Firecom unfortunately.

All the connections you need are on the radio accessory connector. If you have the accessory connector, all you need to do is order the pins that you then insert into the black 26 pin accessory connector. The part number should be 3980034F04 for a package of 25 pins. Then you just need the AMP crimp tool to crimp the pins onto what ever wire you use.

Pin connections are in the basic service manual for the radio if I remember correctly. Can't use the control head accessory connector, because I think the PTT connection is missing from it.

Jim

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”