Saber 1E = All Ch's -25kHz Low

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4UMJ

Post by N4UMJ »

I have acquired a Saber 1E UHF (12 frequency with talk-around switch for a total of 24 Channels) and programmed it with several Ham frequencies. Upon checking them on a frequency counter they are -25 kHz low compared to the software displayed frequency. Seems like the WARP program feature will only vary the Master VFO by only several kHz. I have gotten around this by having all the frequencies programmed 25 kHz high, but this has me bugged? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddie N4UMJ
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

yep ! try a new reference osc module.
I remember a bunch we had here in our fire dept shop in the early 90's that all drifted
sooner or later. maybe yours has the same bug.
N4UMJ

Post by N4UMJ »

This is sort of what I figured. I took the radio apart and did some looking around. I saw the TXCO X-tal Module (freq. of 16800000Hz.)P/N NXN6269A. Motorola wants $273.00 for one. Ouch! Wonder if there is another source for this? Possibly it is a common part to other models and I could acquire one out of a scrapped unit?

Thanks for the suggestion phrawg,
Eddie N4UMJ

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”