syntor XX800mhz?

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KG4MXV

syntor XX800mhz?

Post by KG4MXV »

can a syntor XX800mhz trunked radio with a model number of T335vbj5g00ak
or is it junk,
and use it as a boat anchor,
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Post by 10-95 »

You can weigh down some bodies with it.
jthienel

Post by jthienel »

If you change the processor board to a conventional version, the front end helical filters and the LO filters can be trimmed to make a good 902 receiver. You also have to use the TX LO mode to get a higher freq LO.
There may be a test mode for the trunking radio that makes it behave as a conventional receiver but have not looked into that option yet.
I am presently using one (conventional processor board) as a repeater receiver with much sucess 927.8 output. 902.8 input in Hardyston NJ. Some intermittant audio problem with it now but not related to the Syntor. Too much ice to get access.
73's
Jay Thienel no2g
jaythienel@yahoo.com
KG4MXV

Great, info.

Post by KG4MXV »

Thanks I am glad that I didn't waste too much money
I got a good 15A powersupply and maybe a Good 900Mhz box.

With that in mind does anyone have a conv syntor XX personality board?
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

jthienel wrote:If you change the processor board to a conventional version, the front end helical filters and the LO filters can be trimmed to make a good 902 receiver. You also have to use the TX LO mode to get a higher freq LO.
There may be a test mode for the trunking radio that makes it behave as a conventional receiver but have not looked into that option yet.
I am presently using one (conventional processor board) as a repeater receiver with much sucess 927.8 output. 902.8 input in Hardyston NJ. Some intermittant audio problem with it now but not related to the Syntor. Too much ice to get access.
73's
Jay Thienel no2g
jaythienel@yahoo.com
I've got a few T45 X decks I'd like to move to 900MHz -- all of them have talkaround (talk about luck!) -- how complicated is a conversion? Are there any notes on line?
xmo

Post by xmo »

"Are there any notes on line?"

There is a document describing a complete conversion in the files area of the AR902MHz Yahoo group. You have to be a member to get to it @:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AR902Mhz/files/
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

SlimBob wrote: I've got a few T45 X decks I'd like to move to 900MHz -- all of them have talkaround (talk about luck!) -- how complicated is a conversion? Are there any notes on line?
The update so far is that both the X and X9000E I have work and appear to operate as they should. I swapped the X9000E firmware for one I have in a VHF Hi-band X9000 and upon reprogramming (and removal of the trunking controller) the radio appears to behave itself.

I'm going to do a few tests, one radio to another to verify syntorxgen's 800MHz programming before converting (hopefully) the both to 900MHz. What's the magic combination to make RSS take 902MHz frequencies? (Or do I just need a later version?) *please don't say bit-hacking*
ac7fn

SYntor-X conversion from 800 to 900 Mhz

Post by ac7fn »

For those interested in converting an 800 Mhz Syntor-X to 900 Mhz, go look at the Yahoo 902Mhz Group. I posted a complete conversion tutorial there. If you can't find it send me an email at jim.gerwitz@gdds.com.
Jim

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”