FCC search

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

FCC search

Post by fire_master_21 »

IS there A way to check with the FCC online to view what freq. are in a certain area. The thing is our dispatch center is 80 miles away ant Tx on UHF then splits to our repeater on VHF then goes back to UHF back to dispatch is there a way to find out what these freq. are as the radio shop will not tell us what they are? TIA.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

FCC search

Post by J.Sanor »

fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Post by fire_master_21 »

I can find the company the has the license for the dispatch but nothing on what freq. that helps they dispatch for several fd's and ambulance co. all on differant freq. all over the county but i can only find 1 freq. with that site :-?
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
motisking
Batboard $upporter

Post by motisking »

Not as informative as the FCC data base but useful.

http://www.cityfreq.com/
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

site

Post by Jim2121 »

I've found some intresting info on here.....

http://www.phreak.org/html/freq.shtml
Mike in CT

cityfreq

Post by Mike in CT »

Keep in mind: the cityfreq sie is good for casual and quick lookup, but it is rather out of date.

I note some listings that have either been cancelled or expired over 5 years ago!.

still a good site to check into.

Mike in CT
Will

Post by Will »

What you need is to borrow my "sniffer" and measure the freq..

I'd bet the freqs are unlicensed/bootleg.

Or, key up on the VHF while looking in the UHF 460. with your scanner near the accual link transmitter.
OX

Post by OX »

It's also possible that each agency is licensed by itself and subs out the dispatching. If you have an idea what band the agencies are in, you can use the FCC site to do a frequency range search for your area. Use the new FCC search site: http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/reports/index.cfm

Once the report is run, click the download button and select report format for Excel. You can then browse the entire output as an Excel file and see what frequencies are assigned in your area within the range.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

fcc

Post by KB2ZTX »

If I remember right the new site also allows you to do a circumferance or radius search. That will bring up all the licences for a site. We had a vender in ny that would licence that stuff under him instead of the county...not sure why...

JAS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”