OT Kenwood TK-709

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Station House Products
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

OT Kenwood TK-709

Post by Station House Products »

OK, I have a TK709 mobile sitting here that a customer brought in for programming and I can't figure out a damn thing about it. It is a VHF model, but it appears that this is an overseas radio as there is no software for it on the dealer site and nobody seems to want to talk about it when I call the factory.

Does anybody happen to know if this is a face programmable radio like the TK705 was, or does it require software? If it does, can it still be purchased from Kenwood through an overseas division? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

Post by J.Sanor »

Chuck, Try holding the top right button and the bottom right button in and powering up the radio. If you get a frequency to display you can face program it ( I have the instructions). or you may have to change a jumper in the radio.let me know and we can go from there. Jon

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”