Programing the MTR2000

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kurt

Programing the MTR2000

Post by kurt »

Hi there, :D
I have read a lot in this lab about MTR2000 but nobody share any pcfile how you can program or how does it looks like somebody’s MTR2000.
Thanks for reading it. :roll:
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Re: Programing the MTR2000

Post by kc7gr »

kurt wrote:Hi there, :D
I have read a lot in this lab about MTR2000 but nobody share any pcfile how you can program or how does it looks like somebody’s MTR2000.
Thanks for reading it. :roll:
Like any other Motorola radio, the MTR2000 requires the correct Motorola RSS (Radio Service Software) and appropriate programming hardware (in this case, a relatively modern Windows-based system).

Here's the kicker: Conversion of a VHF MTR2000 to amateur frequencies is NOT possible unless the transmitter's power amp is in the correct bandsplit (Range 1, 136-155MHz). I discovered, through bitter experience, that the high-split models cannot be readily converted. I suppose it could be done, but it would likely be more effort than it's worth.

Keep the peace(es).
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
kurt

Post by kurt »

10-4
Thanks for replay. I already have the original RSS software which cost me a lot, but I will like to know do I have to change anything in the radio because I'm trying to connect the MTR2000 with GM300 or GM3600 as a link radio but I don’t know how to do it, I'm afraid if I do any mistake which can cause me a $$$-s.
If somebody has a setup of wires to connect MTR2000 with GM300 or GM360 I'll appreciate.
Thanks!:wink:

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”