GTX programming problem

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

GTX programming problem

Post by kf4sqb »

After doing some digging here, I think I have answered my question, but I want to confirm that I am right. I am trying to help a friend program a GTX 900 mobile, M11WGD4CB1AN, to the Ham bands, but I can't read it. I have tried version 01.01.00, 02.02.00, and GTXLAB (01.01.00, I think), and I keep getting a "model number not supported" error, even though the model number shows up in the .MDF file. If I understand what I have read here correctly, if the radio has been previously programmed with version 4 or higher RSS, then I will need a version 4 or higher to read/program it. Do I have this right? Unfortunately, I don't have a higher software version, or I would've already tried it. :( Thanks for the help!
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

YES, if the radio has been previously programmed with version 4 or higher RSS, then you will need a version 4 or higher to read/program it.
The EDACS DΩRK......
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Post by kf4sqb »

I was afraid of that. Oh, well. Gotta get the newer software version now. :roll:
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”