Mobile VHF radio advice

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Adam

Mobile VHF radio advice

Post by Adam »

I have a HT1250 vhf and want to be able pick up better inside the car. What's a good option for a mobile unit. I want something low cost, I only need about 8 channels, doesn't really need to be anything spectacular working.

freqs range 151-159mhz

thanks
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Maxtrac or Radius equivalent, GM300.
jim

Post by jim »

A CDM1250 is a great radio. Even though it's overkill for what you need, you'll have room and internal toys for future expansion.
They are quite sensitive, also.

The GM/Max/Radius are also great radios, but lack many of the features of the CDM. Even a TK760 would be good, although not a Motorola (not that "K"s are bad).
Adam

Post by Adam »

At this point in time anything with a speaker that picks up and transmits on the freqs I need is fine. I dont need any bells or whistles.

thanks for the recommendations so far, I'll look into them. Anyone selling any of the above mentioned items?
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

Post by J.Sanor »

I have a Kenwood TK-760H, 45 watt, 32 channel in good condition for $225 shipped. I can also program the radio for you and have pics available. Jon

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”