Can u decipher this Moto Mod# (its Iden)

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Can u decipher this Moto Mod# (its Iden)

Post by jrm5265 »

H44UCH6RS6AN

Ive got some of these that say they are Intrinsically Safe and some dont say that, but they all have same mod# . Im thinking that IS vs non IS would have lil different mod#s anybody know?

Oh theyr Iden r750+ the 1watters
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Post by 10-95 »

I am pretty sure they are Iden r750+ the 1watters.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:i0 ... S6AN&hl=en

Frank
Last edited by 10-95 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Post by jrm5265 »

what Im trying to figure out is if that model# shows theyr Intrinsically Safe, what Ive got is that same model number appears on units that say they are IS and ones that dont mention IS

jm
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Re: 750

Post by 10-95 »

jrm5265 wrote:what Im trying to figure out is if that model# shows theyr Intrinsically Safe, what Ive got is that same model number appears on units that say they are IS and ones that dont mention IS

jm
It's kind of like an HT1000 that is I.S. and one with the same model number that is not. If they are I.S. they will either have the I.S. logo on the model tag or a separte tag that states it. I'm not sure if they use the green dot on those like they do on the portable radios or not , that might be something else to look for.

Frank
tvsjr

Re: 750

Post by tvsjr »

10-95 wrote:
jrm5265 wrote:what Im trying to figure out is if that model# shows theyr Intrinsically Safe, what Ive got is that same model number appears on units that say they are IS and ones that dont mention IS

jm
It's kind of like an HT1000 that is I.S. and one with the same model number that is not. If they are I.S. they will either have the I.S. logo on the model tag or a separte tag that states it. I'm not sure if they use the green dot on those like they do on the portable radios or not , that might be something else to look for.

Frank
Frank is correct. Unless the radio, the battery, and any accessories have the green dot (the radio should have a full FM statement on it), and you have full documentation on where the radio has been (has it always been serviced by an FM-approved shop? Did they maintain the FM rating? Etc.) then you can't call the radio FM-approved/intrinsically safe.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

and if you can't physically prove that there is a paper trail that states the radio is I.S. it is in your best interests to make sure it DOES NOT end up in an I.S. equip. required environment.
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

tHANKS GUYS

Post by jrm5265 »

Thanks !

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”