Firmware upgrade HT1250

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

boomer632

Firmware upgrade HT1250

Post by boomer632 »

I'm looking to get my UHF HT1250's firmware updated to the latest version. I would also like the radio tested. Does anybody here perform these services? Our PD just upgraded to UHF and I need to make sure the radio is upgraded and tested. I already programmed it with CPS 0.6.04AA software.

Thanks..
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Send it to Motorola.
boomer632

Post by boomer632 »

I was hoping to find someone here that could do it.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Only M can do the firmware upgrades, but others can test/tune it etc.
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

mr.syntrx wrote:Only M can do the firmware upgrades, but others can test/tune it etc.

Ughhhh...Wrong, wrong. You don't need to send it to Motorola for that, any /\/\ dealer can do it. And many on here that are not can also do it.
What firmware version do you have currently?
Wile E. Coyote
What radios do you own?: The best that low bid can buy.

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

as quoted from Batlabs :
The Professional series radios can have firmware upgrades programmed using the RIB-less cable, EXCEPT when upgrading from version R01.XX.XX firmware, in which case a RIB and RIB to radio cable must be used.
You will also need a frimware key from /\/\ (Sorry, I dont have the part # handy). it is a DB25 M to F, with a switch on the side. If you have access to Motorola-On-Line with the proper subscription, you can even download the latest frimware from there!

In short, any Motorola Service Shop should be able to help you. Finding one in your area should be as easy as opening up the yellow pages. :P Let us all know what you find out.

Good Luck,
-WEC 8)
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

We can do it for you. It would be 25.00 for the first unit & 5.00 for the second. Shippng/Handling would also apply. You may find that your local dealer/MSS would be more reasonable by the time you factor in shipping.

We would also need to know if you're utilizing MDC decode on any modes (so we don't have to review all your programming). The baseband offset resets to factory default values when flashing. If you have MDC decode enabled, it shifts the baseband offset up in and you'll hear PL buzz in the Rx audio. We'd reset the baseband offset with the tuner software (included in the CPS package) if you do.
Fuel4300
Batboard $upporter

Post by Fuel4300 »

Can flash upgrades also be obtained from the dealer level or only firmware?

Thanks,
Mike
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I borrowed the "flash box" from the local motorola shop and obtained the firmware files and upgrade all of our HT750s. It wasnt that hard to do.

Jason
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Then I stand corrected.
boomer632

Post by boomer632 »

I have firmware version R03.xx. I dont have MDC yet, but our dispatch will be installing an identifier board in the near future. I think the latest version is R05.08.07 right?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Fuel4300 wrote:Can flash upgrades also be obtained from the dealer level or only firmware?

Thanks,
Mike
Do you mean FLASHport upgrades for MTS/MCS & Astro stuff? If so, a dealer CAN get it, but it's a much more complicated process which will involve Motorola as well.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Fuel4300
Batboard $upporter

Post by Fuel4300 »

wavetar wrote:
Fuel4300 wrote:Can flash upgrades also be obtained from the dealer level or only firmware?

Thanks,
Mike
Do you mean FLASHport upgrades for MTS/MCS & Astro stuff? If so, a dealer CAN get it, but it's a much more complicated process which will involve Motorola as well.

Todd
Sorry, I should have been more specific. If I have an astro portable that I would like to have the firmware upgraded to support new encryption modules (for example) and I do not want to purchase any addition FLASHport options, according to this post, I deal scrictly with the dealer.

If I want to add options (H14 Digital ID Display for example) to my astro portable does this hold true?

Thanks,

Mike
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

boomer632 wrote:I have firmware version R03.xx. I dont have MDC yet, but our dispatch will be installing an identifier board in the near future. I think the latest version is R05.08.07 right?
Boomer-all HT1250's come with MDC1200, regardless of firmware version, it just needs to be programmed for the functions.

If you have version 3.xx, you have most of the fixes that plagued initial builds of the HT1250. Most of the subsequent upgrades handled small, incremental things that most people would never notice. That said, I upgrade all radios that come in as a matter of course.

The newest version is 5.09.02.

Tony
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Fuel4300 wrote:
wavetar wrote:

Thanks,
Mike

Todd
Sorry, I should have been more specific. If I have an astro portable that I would like to have the firmware upgraded to support new encryption modules (for example) and I do not want to purchase any addition FLASHport options, according to this post, I deal scrictly with the dealer.

If I want to add options (H14 Digital ID Display for example) to my astro portable does this hold true?

Thanks,

Mike
Upgrading the firmware for the MTS/MCS/Astro series is also done through the FLASHport procedure, regardless of whether you're adding options or not.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
boomer632

Post by boomer632 »

Tony Soprano wrote:
boomer632 wrote:I have firmware version R03.xx. I dont have MDC yet, but our dispatch will be installing an identifier board in the near future. I think the latest version is R05.08.07 right?
Boomer-all HT1250's come with MDC1200, regardless of firmware version, it just needs to be programmed for the functions.

If you have version 3.xx, you have most of the fixes that plagued initial builds of the HT1250. Most of the subsequent upgrades handled small, incremental things that most people would never notice. That said, I upgrade all radios that come in as a matter of course.

The newest version is 5.09.02.

Tony, I actually have R05.01.00. I meant that we havent started using MDC yet. I noticed on new 1250's there is an option to view the scan list. Mine doesnt have that. I also need the radio tested / tuned. Are you able to perform these services.
Tony
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

Boomer-All HT1250's are capable of viewing, and altering the scan list if so programmed. Yours probably does not have this enabled.

What is the radio's serial number? If you don't want to post it here, PM me off the board. Or post the fifth and sixth characters, ex: 749x--xxxx.
Your radio could still be under warranty.

If it is not, I could perform applicable SRN bulletins, upgrade your firmware, perform complete operatonal check and aligment, and make your scan list programmable for one hour of labor, or $75.00 plus shipping back to you.

Let me know if this is something you want to pursue.

Tony
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

View scan list was a menu item added in one of the recent firmware upgrades. This was added to reduce confusion amongst operators---and it was. You can view your existing scan list, on your radio, by selecting "delete entry" menu. When in that menu, scrolling through the modes to delete is your current scan list. The "view list" menu is the same thing--but does not give the option to delete an entry.
boomer632

Post by boomer632 »

tony,

the serial for my ht1250 is 749TCN01, minus the last 2 digits. Is it still undet warranty? I also notice that when on charge, the clock gets screwed up. Loses or gains time. I heard this issue was resolved with a firmware upgrade as well.

PM's are still not working on the board..
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

Sent you a PM...yes it is under warranty.
SPEAKER MIC

Post by SPEAKER MIC »

please help me with an upgrade for my ls and ls+...
I TURN THE KNOB, THE LIGHT BLINKS AND IT BEEPS.........THATS ALL IT DOES!!!!!!
PLEASE WORK!!!..just once, thats all...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”