05 Yukon Denali overhead console?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Res168cue

05 Yukon Denali overhead console?

Post by Res168cue »

I have a 05 Denali and was wondering if anyone has ever sucessfully removed the overhead console that contains the rear climate controls. sunroof swich, homelink and map lights from the headliner. If so any help and or instructions would be greatly apriciated. I plan on working on this sometime late this week or over the weekend. Thanks in advance.

-Nate
Aces-Warehouse

Post by Aces-Warehouse »

We had one upside down on the interstate not too long ago near here. The console broke and I looked at it briefly. There is a lot of wires and mounting clip type things. Be very careful.

My 96 Jeep has one as well, its a pain to do and takes a lot time. The map lights / overhead light area is able to break easy.
Res168cue

Post by Res168cue »

Okay Thanks! I know the overhead map lights tend to be fragile in most vehicles... I had a 03 Ram 2500 with a overhead console as well before I got the Denali and I took that console down from the headliner on countless occations without incident. However on the Denali the task looks a little more daunting due to it having more attached to it that could possibly break making more problems than I barganed for....

-Nate
Res168cue

Post by Res168cue »

Anyone out there ever remove or work on one of these from a Yukon (not denali) or a tahoe??? any additional infromation would be great... Thanks - Nate
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

tahoe

Post by 2wayguy »

I just completed an '05 tahoe police package. The console comes down with one philips screw in the front of it and then the rest is clipped up. Once the screw is out, the console gets loose and you can pull it down easily.

Haydn
Res168cue

Post by Res168cue »

Thanks for the Info... - Nate

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”