Strange behaviour XTS5000-charger

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radio-link

Strange behaviour XTS5000-charger

Post by radio-link »

Hi out there!

A customer has some XTS5000 with NTN8610 LiIo batteries, together with NTN8831 chargers (the universal ones for Saber, XTS and MTS2000).

Now the problem is that often the charger shows the green "battery full" LED after a few seconds, without having charged at all. The charging process has to be started for a second or even third time, then the battery is charged for the usual time, until it is full.

I have the same effect sometimes with Waris and Ex radios, also LiIo batteries, and the HTN9000 charger.

Any ideas what could cause this problem? Mot has no clue, and so do I. It happens with old and new batteries, aftermarket and genuine, seems to make no difference.
regards - Ralph, dk5ras

--

Ralph A. Schmid http://www.bclog.de ralph@schmid.xxx
Tel./SMS +49-171-3631223
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Just got a service bulletin the other day on this, it appears that there is a software update for those chargers, you can get the software for free on MOL, but the programming cable is $148.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by radio-link »

spectragod wrote:Just got a service bulletin the other day on this, it appears that there is a software update for those chargers, you can get the software for free on MOL, but the programming cable is $148.

SG
Did you find this at MOL? I just logged in, but only a message regarding some vehicle chargers, nothing about desktop chargers. Well, they are a bit slow for the german market, I will wait :) Thanks for the hint!
regards - Ralph, dk5ras

--

Tel./SMS +49-171-3631223
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

SRN - 1488, see if that helps you any.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by radio-link »

spectragod wrote:SRN - 1488, see if that helps you any.

SG
Search at MOL gives no result, but I just will wait if it pops up later in germany. Same with CPS5 for XTS5k, took some long weeks more until it showed up in good old germany. Thank you for the number!
regards - Ralph, dk5ras

--

Tel./SMS +49-171-3631223

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”