GTX to LCS2000 Conversion Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sbkeith

GTX to LCS2000 Conversion Question

Post by sbkeith »

I followed the instructions for converting the GTX 800 mobiles to LCS2000 mobiles, and I must give kudos to Victor Xray - it worked like a champ. But.... I cannot transmit in trunked talkgroups. The conventional side works well, but the trunked talkgroup side sounds gives the talk tone when keying up. I have turned auto affiliate on and off, looked everywhere for Tx Inhibit (can't find it in my LCS ver 2.00.05), checked all control channels and PL codes. Everything is ok... Any suggestions? The system I am using it on is a Smartnet 800 trunked.
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

ok, so i am going to ask the stupid question here.

why in the hell are you trying to "key up" a smartnet trunk using a converted GTX mobile?

(shakes head and walks off)

BUY THE RIGHT RADIOS. YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS "KEYING UP" YOUR SMARTNET SYSTEM.

after i typed this i had to re-visit... perhaps this mod is working EXACTLY as it should....to prevent the radio from keying up but allowing one to monitor.....

author above is right KUDOS TO VICTOR XRAY for preventing another goof from keying up a PS trunk!

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Actually, the conversion literally does turn the GTX into an LCS, the codeplug is the only difference between the two (for SmartNet at least, but not for SmartZone). So, it should work just fine.

sbkeith, are you currently an authorized user of the system with legitimate radio IDs active on the system? If so, does the system provider know you are using 'converted' radios on the system? I'd be surprised if they would allow you on the system knowing the radios are not 'factory' Motorola SmartNet radios. This is why batdude is assuming you don't belong on the system to begin with.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”