SLightly off topic...... Decal removal Glue?????

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dfc2

SLightly off topic...... Decal removal Glue?????

Post by dfc2 »

This is slightly off topic, how do I get the **** Glue off the door after I peal off the decal?

ANy Ideas?

DFC2
Max-trac
Batboard $upporter

Post by Max-trac »

I've had good luck with boiling water, BUT I poured it over the DECAL, it may not work on just the glue now....
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Various body shop tools will work.... adhesive removers, a little heat and body compounds will take it off.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
jeremycharris

Post by jeremycharris »

Ive had some luck with gasoline..........but it makes my boss nervous
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I know of several chemicals that'll work great.

But you probably want to leave the paint, don't you? :D :D
va3wxm

Post by va3wxm »

Bug and tar remover?
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Anything that's a petroleum based solvent will work. Heck even WD40 will remove adhesive leftovers.

Various paint rubbing compounds can be used, but require a careful touch and the right type of buffing wheel to use properly.

Body clays and or hard rubber erasers will also remove stubborn residue, but they require even more care in their use.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

I have found that if you rub it down with WD40 and then go over it again with Simple Green it'll come right off.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
AVFD2922
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by AVFD2922 »

Goof Off..
M1225 UHF VHF, GP300VHF, P1225 UHF, MTS2000(800) with convertacom KI4QMI
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

"Oops" all purpose remover from Wal-Mart. I use this stuff as much as i use WD-40. Both are good options because they won't hurt the finish underneath the adhesive.

The WD-40 is probably the least agressive and best choice for automotive painted surfaces. Just clean the area good and wax after removal otherwise the WD-40 residue will collect dust and dirt like a magnet.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
Splat

Post by Splat »

I found Goo Gone to work the best for stubborn decal glues on dashboards, backs of seats(go figure!), etc., without damaging the material.
Res168cue

Post by Res168cue »

Go to basically any auto parts store theres a product called "sticker shock" works great on any type of decal... even the emblems that are on vehicles that some people dont like that say the make of car like "Dodge or GMC etc...."

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”