today's antenna installation [w/ pics]

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eboe

today's antenna installation [w/ pics]

Post by eboe »

finally got around to installing a few antennas on the truck. still need to rig up some braces to support the flip-down monitor, but here's what i got done so far:

5 antennas. from left to right... cb, scanner, uhf, vhf, dual-band ham. should be obvious from the pic, but i have them set-up in a pattern like the number five would be on dice. the distance from the center antenna to any corner is a tad over 14". from one corner to another is 20".

here's one of the underside of the roof skin showing the cable bundle going down the driver side b pillar.

here's a shot from the rear

here's a tv antenna that goes on like a decal. it's an amplified antenna. something like +20db. made by poweracoustik. the flip down monitor i have has a built-in tv tuner so i thought i'd see how it works out. not counting on hdtv, but maybe enough to catch a news brief.

i'll make another thread with pics of the horn i put in. i'll snap some pics tomorrow. wait till you see this thing! lol
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain
c17loadsmasher

Post by c17loadsmasher »

What kind of truck is that? I cannot tell from the pictures.
Plain language is the DEVIL. Ten-Codes Forever!!!
davkenrem
What radios do you own?: STX, Spectra, Maxtrac, MTS2000

Post by davkenrem »

Davkenrem
N8DKR
Res168cue

Post by Res168cue »

Its a Dodge Ram 1500 Single Cab 2002 or newer
eboe

Post by eboe »

Res168cue wrote:Its a Dodge Ram 1500 Single Cab 2002 or newer
yup. '04 to be exact.

i had a relapse or flashback or whatever you wanna call it to the 'ol stereo installation days so i just had to put some dynamat in there. seeing lots of bare sheet metal usually triggers it! lol
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”