2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DEMA109

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Install

Post by DEMA109 »

Here we installed a low band Syntor X9000 with PAC-RT UHF repeater, Systems 9000 siren, GE Powercall and Whelen LED Bar. The owner wanted the radios low key so I hid them in the center console and the LED bar is mounted to the roof rack without need to drill any holes in the rack or the roof.

mark577fd

Post by mark577fd »

Ok I have a couple of questions.
1. What is the little box mounted to the right of the radio tray stack in the first picture?
2. Why in gods name a GE power call???????? The sirens now adays are smaller sound better, take up less space and most of all less power?
3. If you did the install is is fine. I just am ciourious

Thanks

Mark
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

looks good.

A lot of people still like the unique power call tones
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

mark577fd wrote: 2. Why in gods name a GE power call???????? The sirens now adays are smaller sound better, take up less space and most of all less power?

Mark
Clearly, ma man Mark has no appreciation for some good ole powercall action! I love running a powercall in a fire/rescue vehicle and add some Q and airhorns. Have tried it in unmarked LE cars, just as much fun, but not as cool...

Where is the powercall mounted and how do you activate it? I assume this is a 200W set up with spectra siren and powercall? How did you do the speakers?

Nice job.
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Where the hell is the lowband antenna? It better not be that glass mount........ :o

IMHO:

It's that guy's truck and he can have it the way he wants, but I laugh like hell at people who want "low profile" interior installations, but put a full lightbar on the roof....what's the point? The secret's out when the lightbar goes on.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
afterimage84

right...

Post by afterimage84 »

007 wrote:Where the hell is the lowband antenna? It better not be that glass mount........ :o

IMHO:

It's that guy's truck and he can have it the way he wants, but I laugh like hell at people who want "low profile" interior installations, but put a full lightbar on the roof....what's the point? The secret's out when the lightbar goes on.

sooooo true, just what i was wondering...and it's not even a full clear LED bar, there ared lense sections on it...oh well, our is not to question why...oh and where is the lb ant?

GREAT!!!!! installation though, you did an excellent job with that!
Suddenly You Were Gone
Tech225

Post by Tech225 »

What's the little switch hanging out all by itself next to the whelen switch unit?
DEMA109

Post by DEMA109 »

mark577fd wrote:Ok I have a couple of questions.
1. What is the little box mounted to the right of the radio tray stack in the first picture?
2. Why in gods name a GE power call???????? The sirens now adays are smaller sound better, take up less space and most of all less power?
3. If you did the install is is fine. I just am ciourious

Thanks

Mark
1. That box and the white speaker are for the the UHF PAC-RT repeater control which controls the talk back functions as well as the monitor volume speaker. If you have ever heard of a VRS this is the grandfather of that.

2. As you can see the red rocker switch just stuck in the console you can tell the powercall was a afterthough, his friend gave it to him and he can be a bit of a whacker and asked if i could put it in, he still has the systems 9000 siren as well.

3. Yes I did the install, just a hobby of mine. Got tired of seeing very shotty installs done by so called professionals in my area, plus i like to save the fire departments around here some money.
DEMA109

Post by DEMA109 »

Clearly, ma man Mark has no appreciation for some good ole powercall action! I love running a powercall in a fire/rescue vehicle and add some Q and airhorns. Have tried it in unmarked LE cars, just as much fun, but not as cool...

Where is the powercall mounted and how do you activate it? I assume this is a 200W set up with spectra siren and powercall? How did you do the speakers?

Nice job.[/quote]

The speakers are mounted underneath along the frame, it was very hard to get them in and they are on each side, 1 for the power call and the other for the Systems 9000 siren. The power calll unit is mounted in a small compartment in the rear cargo area, with the cover on you would never know it is there.
DEMA109

Post by DEMA109 »

007 wrote:Where the hell is the lowband antenna? It better not be that glass mount........ :o

IMHO:

I laughed too, wanted everything hidden and that darn bar. The low band is a Motorola Spectrum on a fender bracket and the glass mount is for the UHF repeater, it was susposed to be the low profile not the long cell look alike.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

nice job

you can get one of the newer Whelen Sirens from the Factory with the Power call tones

Just have to be careful The Power Call Does not meet Class A Specs
dereckpristas

Post by dereckpristas »

I'm interested to see a front pic of your trailblazer, I'm thinking of getting a low profile bar for mine and just wanted to compare since your's is mounted where my 10 strobe Edge 9000 is now. Thanks.

Dereck
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

How do you like that Whelen Switchbox?
Birken Vogt

Post by Birken Vogt »

I have probably heard the tones, we have lots of antique equipment around here but what is special about the Powercall?

Birken
tensi0n
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTS 3000

Post by tensi0n »

The don't make GE Powercall sirens anymore. Not that I'm aware of at least.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

http://www.powercallsirens.com/pluspage.htm

An old post I know....but, any chance on pics of how the bar was installed, or what you used?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Powercalls sound like burglar alarms.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”