Two-way replacement for a Minitor II/IISV

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CuriousGeorge

Two-way replacement for a Minitor II/IISV

Post by CuriousGeorge »

Our EMS agency is planning on a switch of our dispatch frequency in the not-too-distant future and need to think about what radios we will issue so we can try to find funding (grants) to pay for all of this.

It is going to be a UHF to VHF High switch so trying to use our existing Minitor II pagers is not going to be a viable option -- which I don't mind too much given the increasing difficulty in getting service and parts -- plus we would like to issue everyone two-way radios instead of just receivers.

What would you use and why? An HT750/1250/1550? An EX500/600? A Vertex VX-180? (a definite cost savings - money is an issue) Something else???

A 16 channel radio should meet our needs, it must do QCII decoding (A-B and A-C) and it should be small enough so people won't complain about the size compared to the pager they are used to (so it could be used as a pager-replacement). Those are the only definite requirements we have at this point.

MDC1200 encoding would be nice but is not critical. Stored voice features to replay the last page like a Minitor IISV would also be nice. (Are there any reliable add-in boards to do this for radios without this capability in the firmware -- either our older Motorola portables or any used equipment we can get donated to us or my personal VX-800s?)

Given how I would like to program the channel assignments, mode-slaved scan as in a CDM mobile would be nice but I could live with more basic scanning as in Radius mobile.

Finally, not having to jump through hurdles to get RSS and cables so we can program them ourselves would be another nice plus. (So far, I've been able to borrow a friend's laptop/RIB/cables to program Radius and CDM mobiles and MT1000 and HT1000 portables, and I have the Vertex software on my own laptop already.)

What else?
NodrogCop
Batboard $upporter

Post by NodrogCop »

Mostly because I've been using them quite a lot lately and like them a whole lot: Vertex VX600's, 800's, and 900's all do both QCII and MDC1200 encode. I'm not sure on pricing, though.

As you probably already know, it's very simple to get cables and software for Vertex radios and the software is very easy to use.

A good website to check on Vertex items is http://www.rfwiz.com/2-WayPortable.htm

My 2 cents,

Gordon
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

We are doing the same thing here. We are waiting to hear if we get a FEMA grant to go from low band to UHF.

For paging, I like it give members different options. I was going to let each member choose whether they want a Minitor IV or VX-180 portable. I love the sounds of the VX-180 and it has gotten rave reviews from everyone I have talked to that uses it. It would be great for us because it can monitor the UHF repeater and BOTH simplex fireground channels. It could also scan the PD and neighboring towns.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
jp450

Re: Two-way replacement for a Minitor II/IISV

Post by jp450 »

Finally, not having to jump through hurdles to get RSS and cables so we can program them ourselves would be another nice plus. (So far, I've been able to borrow a friend's laptop/RIB/cables to program Radius and CDM mobiles and MT1000 and HT1000 portables, and I have the Vertex software on my own laptop already.)

What else?[/quote]

If you have the HT1000 they will do QCII and MDC1200. At least the ones I have will. I think only the newer ones will do the QCII.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Oh yea.... The HT750/1250/1550 are NOT repeat NOT designed for use in the fire service. They are for buisness use and do not have the durability for us to make use of.

I don't know of any that have stored voice.
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

NodrogCop wrote:Mostly because I've been using them quite a lot lately and like them a whole lot: Vertex VX600's, 800's, and 900's all do both QCII and MDC1200 encode. I'm not sure on pricing, though.

As you probably already know, it's very simple to get cables and software for Vertex radios and the software is very easy to use.

A good website to check on Vertex items is http://www.rfwiz.com/2-WayPortable.htm

My 2 cents,

Gordon
Multec isn't bad, their prices are pretty decent but they can and do have the tendency of being very very slow.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

I liked the Kenwood TK-270. It was hella-durable, 32 channels and QC. I'm not sure if it had MDC1200 on it though. I had it for a while and sold it. I'm not sure if it was type accepted for FD use, but it should have been.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
Charlie

RE: radio

Post by Charlie »

See if you can demo some Motorola CP200 radios. Have the shop set up paging and selective call paging on Channel 16. If these radios are set up right they meet all the requirements you have listed except stored voice. They include MDC signalling and quick call paging with A/B C/D tones. Software is easy to use and available from parts with the standard software license.

If the salesperson tells you the radio is not for the fire market and doesn't want to demo this radio....walk away and go to another Motorola shop. The fact is....the radiio is not "marketed" for the (fire market) but fire and rescue personel are falling in love with this radio because of it's simplicity, durability, features, audio quality, receive sensitivty and PRICE. Two year warranty.

Motorola's new "45 day replacement" policy is another plus. We've never had to use it with this radio. Hundreds sold and ZERO defects.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

nmfire10 wrote:Oh yea.... The HT750/1250/1550 are NOT repeat NOT designed for use in the fire service. They are for buisness use and do not have the durability for us to make use of.

The HT750/1250/and 1550 ARE designed for fire service use and are being used successfully by thousands of firefighters in the U.S. and Canada.

Some fire departments have had issues with these radios, some due to defects in the earlier models that have been corrected by firmware upgrades, SRN's and or changes in antennas (VHF models).

some issues were caused by dealers lack of knowledge on how to program and or optimize the radios.

some issues were caused by the complexity of the operating features in the radios, (a lot of fire personel just want a simple GP300 type radio).

The statement that these radios are for business use is one individuals opinion as is the statement of durability. I have carried two 1250's and now two 1550's and I am extremely rough on radios. My radios have the scars to prove it. They are dropped, scuffed, bumped, and skidded and they have never given me the least bit of trouble. Our shop has had very few problems with 1550's. The newer 1250's are fine as well. The older 1250's when updated with the latest firmware and checked to make sure the SRN's have been completed and the proper antennas are used as sugguested by Motorola seem to be working fine as well.

We still get a number of 1250's not sold or maintained by us that have unhappy customers, but once we go through their radio's and provide them with the training on how they work, they are very pleased.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on radios.....I just wanted to share my experience with the HT professional series.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Well, that is what I have read on here numerous times. Thats what I read on the Big /\/\'s own site which for your enjoyment, I cut and pasted below. As you can see, my "opinion" is apparently in line with those who built the radio and probably many other people:

HT 750/1250/1550 Applications:
Hospitality
Manufacturing
Construction
Entertainment

HT1000 Applications:
Public Safety
Mining
Petroleum

JT1000 Applications:
Public Safety
Utilities
State Governments
Local Governments

I don't know about you, but if the manufacturer who is out to make money doesn't say it should be used for public safety, I don't trust it. If it could, they would sell it as such and make even more money.
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

[quote="nmfire10"]Well, that is what I have read on here numerous times. Thats what I read on the Big /\/\'s own site which for your enjoyment, I cut and pasted below. As you can see, my "opinion" is apparently in line with those who built the radio and probably many other people:

HT 750/1250/1550 Applications:
Hospitality
Manufacturing
Construction
Entertainment

Here is the entire quote from Motorola's web site......

"Here are a few examples of some key industries:

Hospitality
Manufacturing
Construction
Entertainment "

This means (here are a few examples of possible uses in industry) it doesn't say (not recommended for public safety use).

As dealers we get "Fire Grant money" from Motorola for selling HT750/1250 and 1550 radios to the Fire Markets. Last year, I rebated thousands of dollars back to fire departments from Motorola for purchasing these radios on the "Fire Grant Program".

We also have graphics from Motorola with firemen holding HT1250's.

Any more questions?
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

So if they recommend them for fire dept brutality, why doesn't their website say that. They said it for the other ones? I am only going by what I read on their site and what many people here have re-stated. Obviously theu will sell them to whoever wants to pay for them so just becuase people buy them doesn't mean that they are the best choice.
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Not trying to pick some nits... aww hell sure I am...

It doesn't seem to recommend them for Fire Service use either... the 2 radios that are listed that have anything says Public Safety. But the Pro series is recommended for Construction use. Construction use is probably 10-15 times rougher on a radio than public safety. Think of all the dust, debris, drop and fall hazards... Just imagine a radio getting dropped into the cement mixer... woo hoo baby... Foundation by Motorola!!

Now think of Public safety... It's strapped to your belt... you take it off to break a window or a nose... or it gets shoved in a pocket of your turnout gear to go into a burning building on occasion.

I like the pro series. In a county with a majority of Kenwood and GE M/A-Com, the HT750 is gaining in popularity for the fire departments for Chiefs and general fireground radios. There are even a couple of 1250's out there too. That proved interesting for one department when they received them. They were set up with the siren tone in it... they couldn't figure out why the siren lept going off. Turns out the Chief's kid would get a hold of the radio and figured out how to make the tones roll.... very funny....
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
x1sspic
What radios do you own?: AstroSpectra XTS3K XTS5K APX7K

Post by x1sspic »

<<I don't know of any that have stored voice>>

Actually - stored voice module is available from Motorola for the certain Pro series models - I have one in my HT1250 set to record incoming calls. Works nicely 8)
Znarx

Post by Znarx »

the CP200 should NOT be considered as a Public Safety radio at all!... If you open the radio up, you will see that this unit is simply an SP10 in a slightly better box...the internal mic is NOT soldered to the board, it is NOT wired to the board, it uses the same style of connection as el cheapo power supplies..just push the mic leads into captive slots...also the PTT lever is very poor..try pressing it with gloves on (rant over)
Another thing to consider when thinking of going from pagers to radios is the cost of replacement batteries..pager batteries= cheap....portable batteries= moderate to expensive....also the pagers don't have handles (antennas) that are constantly being broken or lost

my .02....Z
Znarx

Post by Znarx »

one more thing to make you think...if you really like the stored voice feature and you have to replace your pagers anyway..ask yourself this..DO WE NEED VOICE PAGERS?..if not consider going to a POCSAG Alphanumeric paging system...the pagers are small, cheap and the display is great for recalling messages...the problem with this system is generally the Dispatch centre (the dispatchers around here can only type 2 words per minute)...Z
Charlie

Are you sure you are looking at a CP200?

Post by Charlie »

Znarx wrote:the CP200 should NOT be considered as a Public Safety radio at all!... If you open the radio up, you will see that this unit is simply an SP10 in a slightly better box...the internal mic is NOT soldered to the board, it is NOT wired to the board, it uses the same style of connection as el cheapo power supplies..just push the mic leads into captive slots...also the PTT lever is very poor..try pressing it with gloves on (rant over)
Another thing to consider when thinking of going from pagers to radios is the cost of replacement batteries..pager batteries= cheap....portable batteries= moderate to expensive....also the pagers don't have handles (antennas) that are constantly being broken or lost

my .02....Z
Are you sure you are looking at a CP200?

Not a CP100.....

These radios should not be confused. I agree the CP100 is a POS. It is a consumer grade product with poor receive audio and cheap construction.

The CP150 and CP200's are new radios and are totally different. To confuse them with the 100 is a MAJOR mistake.
Znarx

Post by Znarx »

YES I am talking about the CP200 series..open one up...Z

p.s. - for a couple bucks more, the CT series is a MUCH better option (still not a real public safety radio, but MILES better than the CP200)
CuriousGeorge

Post by CuriousGeorge »

First - thanks to all. Lots of good info here.
NodrogCop wrote:Mostly because I've been using them quite a lot lately and like them a whole lot: Vertex VX600's, 800's, and 900's all do both QCII and MDC1200 encode. I'm not sure on pricing, though.
Anyone know of any add-in boards that might do stored voice on one of these radios? I personally own two VX-800s -- one UHF, one VHF -- that I would like to keep using but having stored voice functions like on my Minitor IISV would be nice.

Also, any comments on the Motorola EX-500/EX-600 radios? Right now, I'm tending towards either VX-180 (ease of legally programming them on our own, cost, size) or the HT1250 (feature set) but don't know much about the EX- radios.
Charlie

Just had a tech open one up....

Post by Charlie »

Znarx wrote:YES I am talking about the CP200 series..open one up...Z

p.s. - for a couple bucks more, the CT series is a MUCH better option (still not a real public safety radio, but MILES better than the CP200)
Interesting way of mounting the mic to the board. Haven't had any TX audio problems yet. However....would not compare this to a SP21. This radio has a diecast frame that the main board is attached to just like the HT series. The SP21 does not. The SP21 mic is attached to the main board with wires. The CP200 mic is "attached" to the main board. (why they chose to use a socket is a mystery). The CP200 uses the same battery contacts as the HT series. The SP21 battery contacts are a whole different story. The CP200 Main board appears to be well sheilded and constructed (very similar to the HT in construction) and the radio is gasketed like the HT's. The CP200 uses large knobs like the HT's. and has a solid battery connection to the radio along with a battery lock mechanism. Lots of neat attributes not included on the SP21 or other radios higher on the totem pole. I'm not going to nitpick over the mic unless it causes me or my customers problems.

I like to let my public safety customers make their own choices. They can demo all the radios and decide which ones they like or dislike. Right now.......the CP200 wins for the simple grab and go radio. The HT1550 wins for the "feature" radio. It's their choice not mine.
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

j

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

If I sound as though I am repeating someone else's idea, I appoligize. Our department has about 150 Min II, and III's. The III's are a disaster, no one likes them, the audio sucks, the II's go off and the III's don't. We have gone to the Vertex VX-180 . The audio is crisp and clean, the signal is strong, especially considering the antrenna differences. They are 16 chan with scan, they decode Plectron tones, the only radio I know of that does, and we can buy 2 VX-180's for the price of 1 Min III or IV. We ordered 30 of them last year, after a much previously discussed problem with the CDM-1550ls and HT-1550ls series of radios. I happened to be in the middle of it with Motorola, and I can tell you personanly I will never purchase another Motorola product. Their tech support sucks. Motorola doesn't even make the product any more, its farmed out to some manufacturer in Malaysia. It took six months to correct our problems, and all we got was replacement radios. They knew they had problems but wanted us to keep quiet about it. Go for the Vertex, don't buy any Motorola's, they are overpriced.
CuriousGeorge

Post by CuriousGeorge »

RADIOMAN2002 wrote:We have gone to the Vertex VX-180
Can the VX-180 do QCII A-B and A-C on the same channel?
whatnext

Post by whatnext »

Motorola...You can Buy better but you will NEVER pay more...
Garyf629

Post by Garyf629 »

I should save this post, I must type it 5-6 times a year:

We have over 250 HT-1250 in service with EMS, Vol & paid Fire, & Police. Since 1999 I have sent 15 back to Motorola for repair, most of them for the battery containment issue. We do our own programming and Firmware upgrades in house. We replaced the old antennas with MT-1000's on all the early ones which solved that problem. We even had one run over by a Type 1 ambulance and it still worked. I ended up mounting on a plaque and gave it to the guy that dropped it under the ambulance at the awards dinner.

We have had very good luck with them, do not let the Motorola snobs (People who think they have to carry an $1500 radio, and everything else is crap.) talk you out of them.

The only EX-600 we have is carried by one of our fire chiefs, he likes it, and he has had for about 4 years with no problems.

We just took delivery of our first of Kenwood TK-2180's, I am very impressed with them. They sound great, lots of clean, crisp audio, more than any of the Motorola's I have worked with over the past 30 years. None of the programing software issues that you get with "M". The only drawback is MDC-1200, you have to add the Cimmeron board, which takes up the only accessory slot. They are also much easier to program than Motorola's.

Have not had any experience with the Vertex's but have heard good things.

I do caution you about 2 things:

1) If these are taking the place of pagers, DO NOT allow the page channels to be added to a scan list. If you scan while trying to hear tones you WILL MISS some calls. Portables are not meant to replace pagers. If you want to hear 100% of your calls only listen to your page channel.

2) If MDC-1200 is something you want, (It pains me to say this!) stay with Motorola. Getting a non "M" to work correctly sometimes is a big pain. Most MFG's have you add an option PCB, most only have one option slot, making it impossible to add say a voice storage board, or some other option.

In conclusion, I agree with Charlie, ( By the way, I wish all dealers would work the way Charlie does!) get your local dealers to loan you a couple of the radios for a few weeks. Let different people try them, and buy what YOU like. Do not let some people on this board talk you into something you may not like. Everyone here means well, we all have our own opinnions, but in the long run your the one who has to use them.

My .02 cents, likely not worth that much, and I am most likely wrong.

Good Luck!
Nand

Re: Just had a tech open one up....

Post by Nand »

Charlie wrote:The CP200 mic is "attached" to the main board. (why they chose to use a socket is a mystery)
Once you think about how these boards are manufactured, you realize why they are socketed. During the board cleaning process, you don’t want any moisture entering the mic. The boards are cleaned without the mics plugged in. These sockets are excellent and perform as well if not better then cable connectors that need to be hand assembled. The CP200 is a great rugged little radio taking the place of the GP300.

Nand.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

I would say a combination of cell phones and nextel (consumer crap), plus the financial misery of our country (desperation for new radios) and the non-continuity of employment (staff who make decisions remembering what the radios were like 2 generations ago) are all factors that have led people to think that a cp200 would be acceptable for fire service. It will work on your system no doubt. How well after 5 years with people using them who don't care about your property is another question. Naturally because any fire department considering these is obviously small and can get away with it 99% of the time. Come try and test performance on those 200's down here in Broward County Florida and you will understand that it is not built for the fire service. It may work for your DEPARTMENT but you couldnt say it would be ready for the situatuions the entire service deals with in full spectrum. Your department may be so small you get 1 or 2 calls a day of minimum scope. Your department may not run calls like a broward county and therefore a CP200 could work, but what happens when you do run a broward county type call, there is a large fire, you get drenched and your radio stops working. What happens if the samething happens to 8 guys in the middle of a 3 alarm blaze. Now you cant talk. Or the speaker sounds like daffy duck and you cant make out that your buddy needs more air. Rescuing a cat from a tree does not require a MX-300R (you get my point.) But one day you might not be rescuing cats and need 300R durability. Thats the whole point with being a first responder you should always prepared. I would say bringing cp200's to a 3 alarm fire is underprepared for the scenario and I would liken it to fighting a modern day war with a musket. It will shoot (just like a CP200 will TX/rx great for a little) but the thing you are fighting (chemical plant explosion) has much greater firepower. The gear wouldn't be properly matched for the job. Any fire dept. with a respectable budget and respect for their employeee's would not consider a CP200. Not because of radio snobbery, i actually like the cp200 for public schools etc. serious dept's.understand that these will be in service for more than a week and are not interested in instant gratification, they (beancounters and their advisors) buy for the long haul. I could see it for back-up radios that are handed out to volunteers for parking duty, etc. But not for the guys running calls. The key is not upfront cost, it is total cost of ownership. Oh yeah don't forget the intrinsically safe batteries and Fm approval on the transciever. Wouldnt wanna blow up your cronies fixing a gas leak or running a false fire alarm at a pulp mill. These are all things you must remember. Please don't settle. And make sure they are Intrinsically safe. A #1 for fire service.
Wes

Post by Wes »

My vote is for the Kenwood TK-2170. We recently oufitted one of our local EMS systems with this radio to replace their old Minitor II pagers, and it has been working great. the 2170 has many more paging options than the Vertex radios. It allows for more sets of tones, customized alert tones for different pages, 2-tone encode, 128 channels, small size......

http://www.kenwood.net/indexKenwood.cfm ... 14&Group=1

Wes
Wes Hutchens
911 Telecommunicator/2-Way Sales & Service
afterimage84

Post by afterimage84 »

nmfire10 wrote:We are doing the same thing here. We are waiting to hear if we get a FEMA grant to go from low band to UHF.

For paging, I like it give members different options. I was going to let each member choose whether they want a Minitor IV or VX-180 portable. I love the sounds of the VX-180 and it has gotten rave reviews from everyone I have talked to that uses it. It would be great for us because it can monitor the UHF repeater and BOTH simplex fireground channels. It could also scan the PD and neighboring towns.

where are you getting minitor iv's?
Suddenly You Were Gone
Cam
Batboard $upporter

Post by Cam »

JAYMZ wrote:It doesn't seem to recommend them for Fire Service use either... the 2 radios that are listed that have anything says Public Safety. But the Pro series is recommended for Construction use. Construction use is probably 10-15 times rougher on a radio than public safety. Think of all the dust, debris, drop and fall hazards... Just imagine a radio getting dropped into the cement mixer... woo hoo baby... Foundation by Motorola!!
+1
If it am make in on a construction site, it should work fine for police/fire/ems use.
baycroc
What radios do you own?: HT1250, CP200, HT1000, XTS1500

Post by baycroc »

I guess, since you asked. I have an HT 1250 and Would have to say that it is probably the best radio that I have ever used. Loaded with features and not too heavy to carry. It is intrinsically safe, which I would have to say might come in pretty handy if you were on a Fire Dept that responds to ... hmm lets say ... a "gas leak" and need to use a radio. Not the best place to key the mic if you are in that spot and do not have this feature. Of course there is the accidental drop from a very high place, you may bust the screen like my wife busted hers. Replaced for 60$ Perhaps she will be more careful in the future. My FR team also has CP 200's. They are cheaper and feel like they are cheaply built. Very easy to operate and software is easier to get ahold of. Legally. Since there are so many things on the 1250, I recommend if you are not a "radio, electronics nut" like myself, to limit some of the features of the 1250. It will do Voice storage on it. That is another 75$ "toy" that can come in really handy, especially if the dispatcher is busy. I just installed mine and haven't got things set quite right but soon all will work as planned. Just a little tweaking yet. No need to get a pager with VS if you have this. At least that is what I have been told. Will update that comment later if I find otherwise.
Frankly, my final opinion, if you have a group that "Needs the options and flexibility" get the HT1250's. If they have a hard time tying their shoes, Get something else with less options and buttons.
Dave
baycroc

Post by baycroc »

One thing I forgot, if you are trying to save money, do not get a Moto product. I just have a thing for M stuff. There are many companies that have good radio equipment for less money.
DAve
baycroc

Re:

Post by baycroc »

nmfire10 wrote:Oh yea.... The HT750/1250/1550 are NOT repeat NOT designed for use in the fire service. They are for buisness use and do not have the durability for us to make use of.

I must say that I disagree with this comment. I would be interested in hearing your reasoning on why these radios are bad for Fire. I have found the durability of the ht1250 to be insanely superior to many other radio brands. The stored voice part is an option of the ht1250 for a fact. It is an option that you have to pay for though and I have found it a poor use of resources.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Holy thread bump batman !!

With the current radio lineup available today ( XTS1500, MT1500, XTS2500, APX, etc. ) I wouldn't even consider a Warris series radio for public safety at all. Too many other better options out there. They are great radios but I haven't had great luck with the few that I've had in the field ( my Jedi's were far better performers too ! ). Speaking of Waris series, are they still being produced ? I'm almost positive the HT1550 is now gone.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

MT2000 man wrote:Holy thread bump batman !!
7 1/2 years, not bad!

MT2000 man wrote:With the current radio lineup available today ( XTS1500, MT1500, XTS2500, APX, etc. ) I wouldn't even consider a Warris series radio for public safety at all. .
You realize that the XTS1500, MT1500, and XTS2500 are basically the same as a HT1250.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

We use Kenwood TK-3170s here in place of Minitor pagers. TK-2170 would be the 136-174 VHF equivalent.

Note that these are not intended for IDLH use and our guys are under strong order not to carry them into a fire.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”