EX500 mod# question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

EX500 mod# question

Post by jrm5265 »

model# on VHF radio
EX500

is AAH38KDC9AA3AN

is this 2watt or 5watt

and I dont even know if its sold in 2 different models just wondering and if so which pwr this mod# shows

Thanks
Joe
eastmetrocomm@aol.com
Al

Post by Al »

According to my model breakdown chart, it's only made in 4-5W models. The 'D' in the model number signifies 4-5W.
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

thanks

Post by jrm5265 »

thanks
eboe

Post by eboe »

i was under the impression that the model breakdown chart listed the MAX power of the portables. aren't the EX500's programmable via CPS for low/high power xmit? i would have guessed that the hi-power setting is 4 or 5w and the low power more like 2w.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain
Al

Post by Al »

I don't think I've seen a Motorola portable of recent vintage(last 15 years) that isn't programmable for low or high power in order to conserve precious battery power for longer runtime. However, the model numbers specify the highest power that the unit is designed to operate at on transmit.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”