MX1000 programming reading error MX 1000 ( european saber )

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ham_man

MX1000 programming reading error MX 1000 ( european saber )

Post by ham_man »

Hi fellows!
I have a MX1000, which is an european version of the saber and there is no way to read the radio or write to it. "radio not connected" is the errormessage i get. The radio transmits and receives well. If i take other mx1000 radios to verify everything is ok, so it cannot be the computer, rib or cable. This is a 100% fact. I also have swapped the case to figure out if the ribbon cable is the problem and checked the contacts at the bottom of radio but this also did not solve the problem. hmm....:-(

What i have noticed is that the radio still makes his radio-on alert tones if it is connected to the service/programming cable, my other mx-radios do not produce this tones when connected to the service/prog-cable, you don't hear anything from the speaker when switching them on because the audio goes into the servie/prog-cable to the servicemonitor.

I think the problem has to be a bad component on the pcb board, transistor, diode etc which is needed for programming. No broken solderpoints to see on the pcb. regards.
Last edited by ham_man on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

I had the same problem some times ago.Use another Com port or try another PC.Some MX radios are a little bit different and don´t run on each
Com port.The best is to use a RS232 port card for programming them.
The RS232 port on the mainboard often make trouble!

Andreas

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”