Programming MT-2100 with MTS-2000 and MT-2000 RSS

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

Programming MT-2100 with MTS-2000 and MT-2000 RSS

Post by Motoman »

I tried to read my MT-2100 with MT-2000 and MTS-2000 RSS but after one percent a checksum error apears what's going on? Does it make a diffrence if it's been flashed?
Motoman at your service!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

The MT2100 is a European radio with it's own RSS. You cannot use the North American MTSX RSS.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
I82

Post by I82 »

Hi,

Do you have any information about the version of RSS needed? I bought a MT2100 (european version) and would like to programm it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards,

I82
Ahoeg

Check your PM

Post by Ahoeg »

Check PM
videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Post by videonerd »

Just to bring this up again, I have two MTX-838's that need to be programmed. Reading it with the MTSX RSS, I get a different error on each radio.

A newer MTX838 gets a "NAKed/ACK" error
An older MTX838 gets the checksum error.

I thought that the MTSX 6.07 RSS can be used with faster computers? Or am I wrong on that? If that's the case. Thanks for the error to let me know I would've bricked these if I wrote to them... Just a little surprised that such a recent RSS would require a 386/486, when the Maxtrac RSSs run and write fine up to a P4 1.7gHz. Admittingly, the MTSX RSS manual does say 386/486 for the system requirements. And that it'll run in less than 100K of conventional memory because it can uses extended memory! wooohoo!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

The MTSX will run fine on newer computers, and 6.07 is the latest version. Are you running it in real DOS, or through a DOS window?

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

videonerd

Post by videonerd »

I'm running it in real DOS. I've set up my laptop to dual-boot to DOS 6.22 and WinXP.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

videonerd wrote:I'm running it in real DOS. I've set up my laptop to dual-boot to DOS 6.22 and WinXP.
Well, every computer seems to be different. What are it's specs, out of curiosity? Have you successfully programmed MTX radios with it before?

Todd

videonerd

Post by videonerd »

Pentium 1-7m (not Centrino)
512MB RAM / 40GB HD
WinXP Pro

No, this is the first time with the MTSX RSS.
john g8xgs

programming

Post by john g8xgs »

this is my input for what its worth
lcs2000(european version) uhf dos only with moslo on pentium
gp900 boot into cmd prompt with 486 "gp900-99"
mtx838 boot from floppy with moslo again dos

gp300 will run in dos box in win 95, but prefer to boot from dos on a floppy

this is all with an external "rib" and not a direct lead
john hindmarsh g8xgs
A.M.IMI
M.I.DIAG.ENG

http://www.raynet-uk.net/main
also a member of
http://www.nedsar.co.uk
OX

Post by OX »

Just reading the radio won't do anything damaging to them.

The one sounds like it is corrupted but possibly easily repairable with lab. The other sounds like it's probably too screwed up and needs a depot trip.

I program my jedi radios with a P4 2.4G in DOS mode with no problems.
jim

Post by jim »

MoSlo does nothing most of the time. It just "clogs" the processor into a controlled loop to make it act slower. The real problem is in the hardware of the computer- the timing on the serial port.

Don't trust it MoSlo. Use the right computer.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”