Hood p/n for 15 pin Spectra Acc Cable?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

Hood p/n for 15 pin Spectra Acc Cable?

Post by Andy Brinkley »

Anyone got a part number for the plastic hood on the 15 pin Spectra Accessory Cable?

A standard computer type hood is to big to fit under the retaining clip, and the only aftermarket hoods I could find to fit run about $4.00 each (connector not included).
Andy / NC4AB
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

Post by J.Sanor »

This is the number I have on one of mine

3080091M01
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

3080091M01 is the entire ignition sense cable, $37.75 from MOL.

I asked this same question a while back and never did track down a number for the actual connector itself, seems Motorola doesn't sell it seperately since they recommend replacing the entire cable if problems arise.

I build my ignition sense and programming cables using an AMP hood, it's sold as a Low Profile hood. It holds the connector piece at the ends and the sides are flush with the metal flange of the connector, this makes it skinny enough to fit inbetween the metal clip on the radio. However, it doesn't have the ridge that the retainer holds onto on a stock piece. So if you need it to make ignition sense cables that will be installed for permanent use you still have to secure them. I just put a cable tie around the metal retainer and use a cable tie gun to snug it nice and tight, it would take a good amount of force to make it fall out.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I was able to source them through a local electronics supply store a few months ago. The name of the actual manufacturer is printed on the housing (can't recall it right now) and they were able to find it in their supplier catalogue no problem. My receipt is long gone now, so I can't give a part#, but it shouldn't be a hard item to find at all. It was for work, so I wasn't concerned with the price, but it seems to me they were in the $4 range as well.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

I just bought two exact replacements from Mouser, p/n 152-6015, for $2.02 each. They are the same shape, have the same ridges to hold them into the radios. The original was made by CINCH; the replacement is made by FCT Electronics (somewhere in Europe).

DB-15 male connectors are under a dollar from Mouser as well.

Bob M.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”