Help with Astro Saber II

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

adam12431

Help with Astro Saber II

Post by adam12431 »

I looking for some tech info on a Astro Saber II I just purchased from Ebay.

Problem 1:

When you turn the radio on I'm receiving an 09/10 error. According to batlads listing this indicates a secure hardware failure, but does not list an action to take to fix the problem.

Question 1: How do I fix this error?

Problem 2: After working with the radio for approx. 20 mins the display has been come very hard to read. the battery indicator and other symbols on the top line of the display are very clear,but center line and lower line are very hard to read. After leaving the radio on for approx 10 minutes the top line of the display becomes unreadable and the other two lines become clear. I have tried serveral different batteries with the same result.

Question 2: What's going on with the display?

Info on radio after I put it in test mode

ap r03.31.00
DSP 105.00.25
EMC R00.00
KG1 None
KG2 None
H04RDF9PW7AN
465AVW0383

I do not have the capablity to read radio with a computer.

Any help with these questions would be great
Batboard $upporter

Post by 515 »

The 09/10 basically means the radio can't talk to the encryption module, either because there is a problem with the module, or it's simply not installed. Most likely, the encryption module isn't installed.

To fix this, you'll need to read and re-program the radio. In the RSS/CPS secure options, there should be a checkbox called "Secure Hardware Equipped", which you'll want to un-check. This simply tells the radio to quit looking for the encryption module that isn't there.

The display problem sounds like a hardware problem. I know there is a pot inside the radio for adjusting the contrast of the LCD display, but I'm not sure how much that would help. Search the forum for Astro Saber contrast adjustment...

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”