XTS3500R Battery Problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tbendick

XTS3500R Battery Problem

Post by tbendick »

Anyone out there running into any problems with the battery on the XTS radios. At work we use the 3500R and I keep running into a problem with the connection between the battery and radio. Radio keeps turning on and off as the radio moves around. Change the battery seems to go away, but it has happened a few times now with diffrent radios and batter packs.
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

are you using 100% original M batteries?

if not, that's your problem.

all of them are junk.

you can get NOS XTS batteries on ebay cheaper than "new" aftermarket ones anyway - so steer clear of anything but "real" M batts.

if you ARE using M batts, please provide more info: battery part #, service life of the radios .. i.e. used heavily/daily, etc etc etc
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
adam12431

Post by adam12431 »

My department had the same problem with a batch of batteries we bought for our HT1000's. They were aftermarket batteries and when placed in our radio holders the radios would turn on and off when we walked or got in or out of our patrol cars.

My department was trying to save money on replacement batteries and had to replace them with real Motorola batteries and that solved the problem.
tbendick

Post by tbendick »

They are all 100% Motorola batter packs, no aftermarkets used. Someone said to try and clean the contacts but on the battery back you can access them with the design. I tried to pry the pins up on of them to see if it was not making a tight seal but didn't seem to do the trick.

If I hold the radio in one hand and give the battery slight movement in with the other hand, the radio just goes on and off constantly with movement. Try puting it in the leather case and making it tight but no luck there either.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”