FL Hamfests 1 month away

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

FL Hamfests 1 month away

Post by RadioSouth »

If you happen to be here soaking up the sun there's 2 Hamfests running on consecutive weekends. Both used to be Excellent but thanks to EBay,etc. they've eroded a bit. I've still heard from some that they're still the best 2 in the SE but I won't take any blame if you don't agree. After a 3 year hiatus I'm planning on trying both again.

2/4-5 Miami (search under Tropical Hamboree)
2/10-11-12 Orlando HamCation

Suggesting 154.60 (Green Dot) PL 203.5 if anyone wants to say hello.
1 Adam 12
sk

Hamfest

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

Miami has been pretty lousy the last several years.......
Orlando on the other hand has been decent and is definitely worth going to .... :lol:
60hzEE

Post by 60hzEE »

Orlando is worth going to. I like Friday afternoon the best. If you have 900MHz amateur capability, take it with you. There are several repeaters and quite a bit of simplex on 927.5.

Lee
W6EM
Leeds, AL
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

60hzEE wrote:Orlando is worth going to. I like Friday afternoon the best. If you have 900MHz amateur capability, take it with you. There are several repeaters and quite a bit of simplex on 927.5.

Lee
W6EM
Leeds, AL
The 927.5375 repeater is on the air, covers the Orlando area fairly well. PL is 100.0.

Dave
KG4LHQ

Post by KG4LHQ »

Will be attending the Orlando Hamfest.

Thanks for the head up

I'm in KY BTW
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

somebody confirm a batlabs channel on VHF/UHF so I can program them in my radios before next month
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

151.88 with a 143DPL is the typical analog simplex but ive heard all forms of batlabs activity on it. i usually run it in analog, with optional ANALOG DES but also use it for VSELP on occasion. i might travel to the FLA Fests they sound pretty cool :)

wazz
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

151.88 with a 143DPL is the typical Batlabs analog simplex but ive heard all forms of batlabs activity on it. i usually run it in analog, with optional ANALOG DES but also use it for VSELP on occasion. i might travel to the FLA Fests they sound pretty cool :)

wazz
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”