Newbie questions about power source for JEDI

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jazzzy

Newbie questions about power source for JEDI

Post by jazzzy »

1. Can I use standalone AC adapter instead of battery pack ? If yes what is the voltage & current toleration range ?
2. Is there a way to build DIY rapid charger for standard battery ?
3. Can I use a pack of cellphone Li-Ion batteries (3.6V each) to power GP1200 radio ?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

just curious why you don't want to use the right battery and charger?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
jazzzy

Post by jazzzy »

HLA wrote:just curious why you don't want to use the right battery and charger?
Because my battery is very weak and I have only standard charger so waiting 16 hours to use radio for less than 20 minutes is ridicolous.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

They do make batteries for these radios. They arne't that expensive. the amount of time and effort you will spend trying to jerry-rig something at the risk of blowing it up is not worth the effort.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

If you want to use the external power supply, the radio requires 7.5-volts, and the power supply should be able to handle at least 2-amps current. Not a popular item to find easily. New OEM & aftermarket batteries & chargers are cheaply found on ebay.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
jazzzy

Post by jazzzy »

wavetar wrote:If you want to use the external power supply, the radio requires 7.5-volts, and the power supply should be able to handle at least 2-amps current.
I was thinking about 12V to power radio at home but if it has to be 7.5V then I'll try to find such an adaptor.
kc0qgl

just what you need

Post by kc0qgl »

MOTO makes a JEDI-INTERFACE. Among other thing it powers the radio,
from 12vdc down to 7.5vdc. I have one and I love it. E-mail me if you have any more questions?

kc0qgl
ANB_Medic
was sja505
What radios do you own?: Jedi's, MCS's, and Waris

Post by ANB_Medic »

I made a battery eliminator by using the guts out of an old motorola brick phone eliminator. Voltage was right on. Put the guts into an emptied-out jedi battery pack, and it works fine.

Todd
Sorry, I can't treat stupid...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”