SP 21 programming question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

posse401
What radios do you own?: MT2000, Saber I, SP50, Spectra

SP 21 programming question

Post by posse401 »

I am in need of some instructions on the voice-assisted programming on the Spirit SP21 radios. I have checked on the site and didn't see anything, I hope I just didn't miss it somewhere.

A helping hand in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Start with the radio in the off position. Press and hold down the PTT and turn the radio on you will get a voice prompt telling you frequency X. You then let the PTT go and continue to give it short presses till you arrive at the desired channel. Then you give the monitor button a short press and the voice will tell you Tone X. To scroll thru the tones keep giving the PTT button a short jab till you get to the tone you want. You then give the monitor button a short jab again and it will return the radio to normal memorizing the frequency and tone you set. Hopefully you have a reference for frequency and tones ?
posse401

Post by posse401 »

No reference either. Someone have a copy of that? :D
posse401

Post by posse401 »

Anyone got a copy of the reference list of freqs and PLs that you can post or send over? Thanks.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”