Tough Book CF-27

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n8jsn@yahoo.com

Tough Book CF-27

Post by n8jsn@yahoo.com »

Anyone know about a Toughbook CF-27 with the touch screen? I am trying to get the touch screen to work with XP.. I would prolly settle for Win 2k..

Anyone got some ideas?
"Ham Radio isnt a hobby, its a lifestyle" - J

Just call me Snoop, Or Moron or something else.

10-4 Good buddy.. N8JSN on the side
IMBEJames

Post by IMBEJames »

Ive got one on my desk right now running XP pro with a working touchscreen. so i know it will work. let me see if i can come up with any ideas for you.

im not the computer-type that some of these guys are. so bear with me....
James Eslinger

York, Maine
Res168cue

Post by Res168cue »

I have to same computer currently running WIN 2K Pro but the touch-screen isn't working... it would be great to upgrade OS and add that feature. Keep us posted or point us in the right direction!

Thanks
n8jsn@yahoo.com

Post by n8jsn@yahoo.com »

K, lemme know..
"Ham Radio isnt a hobby, its a lifestyle" - J

Just call me Snoop, Or Moron or something else.

10-4 Good buddy.. N8JSN on the side
DakotasKustoms

Post by DakotasKustoms »

Try Here... http://tcc.toughbook.com/

Try going there, hit the icon next to downloads & put your model number in the appropriate box when the page has revised & you ought to see some bios updates (there's a few depending on just which variety of cf27 you have) & I think the lack of any specific ones that you wanted, means windows is supposed to 'know' .. Applying any bios flashes may well help in this respect, as if windows isn't correctly identifying all the devices (which bios tells it) then it can't 'know'
-Dakota
-DakotasKustoms.com

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”