SPECTRA MOTORCYCLE FRONT MOUNT

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

SPECTRA MOTORCYCLE FRONT MOUNT

Post by N4KVE »

Hello. I have been looking for a Spectra for UHF ham use for quite a while. It was explained to me that I needed a motorcycle Spectra to get the correct bandsplit, 438-470 mhz. All the good 100 watt stuff was 450-482 mhz. I have a TPL 5 in 100 out amp so I had the Spectra turned down to 5 watts from 15 watts which is how these radios come. Here's the problem. I was promised a front mount 1 piece radio but was sent a very clean rear mount radio with an A5 head. Model # M34KXA7JA5AK. Do I need to send this radio back with it's miles of wires or can I somehow mount the head on the radio, & get what I was promised? Thanks for any help. PS I can strip an AK47 in 10 seconds blindfolded But all these wires are Greek to me. GARY N4KVE
1 Adam 12
sk

Spectra

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

Check your pm s' ... :D
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Amazing. 6 minutes & problem solved. A member here who lives in this county has a front mount Spectra he wants to throw in his trunk. We will swap necessary parts & both be happy. I tried plugging the head into the radio but that doesn't work. Now Gary is happy. 73's to all. GARY N4KVE

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”