SVA HHCH Mic

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

SVA HHCH Mic

Post by NSPD »

I'm planning a new install for my explorer using a couple of Saber SVA's mounted in the rear with extended cables to bring the Control head Mics up to the front center console. I have a couple of concerns that i'd like to get opinions on..

How do you change the channel the radio is on with an SVA control mic? I don't see a knob on it in the pictures i've seen. If there isn't a way to change the channel as one normally would, is it possible to set the radio up for keypad-only operation without using the top knob?

Thanks!
Jake
1 Adam 12
sk

Saber operation

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

You will have to select " channel only operation " in the feature menu.
By doing this is makes the radio a 1 zone keypad selectable channel operation. One other thing you might consider is audio. Either use a speaker that will be near you that has an adjustable audio level , so you can turn it up and down. A second one would be to chop another convertacom up and use the control panel from it... and wire it into the remote unit, and just mount it in a little box or something similar. That would give you volume, rat butons etc.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”