Weird HT1250 VHF Power up tones.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioMan1101

Weird HT1250 VHF Power up tones.

Post by RadioMan1101 »

I have a VHF HT1250 that has weird power up tones. When I power it up after it being either in the charger over night or off for a few hours, it has almost a morse code set of beeps that sound at times like a Z or D or T. If I press any button, it stops and the radio is fine. I've gone through the programming a hundred times to see if I toggled something wrong but everyting is set like all my 1250's. I eve changed fronts from full to limited and it's the same. Radio works fine otherwise.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
mottyk

Post by mottyk »

Maybe you should check this: In the CPS goto the RADIO CONFIGURATION section click on the ALERT TONES tab. You will have an option for POWER UP TONE TYPE. The options are
  • disabled normal or musical
. Change it to normal and you will get the regular two beeps on startup. Hope this helps.
sig goes here PM if you have any ideas
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

Post by J.Sanor »

Check the reminder alarm settings.
RadioMan1101

Post by RadioMan1101 »

Thanks. I checked both the POWER UP TONE TYPE and the ALARM SETTINGS. That wasn't the problem. It's just a puzzle to me. Sounds like the letter Z in Morse most of the time. Thanks for your input.
RadioMan1101

Post by RadioMan1101 »

I rechecked the ALARM SETTINGS, and I'll be darned - it was set to on! I don't know how the heck it happened, I don't ever remember having it on. I think one of my partners played an April fools joke on me, tried to make me crazy.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”