Ht1250 Reset

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fireguy810

Ht1250 Reset

Post by fireguy810 »

How do you do a complete radio reset of the HT1250?
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

I suppose that you could load it with a 'blank' codeplug, where all values are set to default, but it wouldn't do much. Or, if you are really worried, you could also bring it into a Motorola Radio Shop and have the firmware uplifted and the radio re-tuned by a tech. (it will co$t, thogh)

If this is still an issue with your HT1250 not getting into a repeater...

1) Do you have other radios, with the same repeater frequency in them, that can hit the repeater alot better from your location?

2) If you have a scanner, try listening to yourself into the repeater to see how you are actually making it in, signal-wise.

3) Again, the most likely cause would just be that you are too far away from the repeater.

For a blank codeplug, try codeplugsupersite.com, sign up (it's free), and see what they have for the 1250 series. It's a really helpful site, that usually has what you need.
fireguy810

Post by fireguy810 »

I have another radio that is getting into the repeater no proble, I also have listened to myself on the scanner as well. I dont hear any problems. The radio is on high power but it wont hit the repeater unless I'm right next to it WHile other radios have no problem.
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

Your radio is out of alignment. You need to take it to a Motorola dealer, or find someone with a service monitor and proper CPS to do it. If you are not getting into a repeater like you describe, I would stop using it until you get it checked out.
K8TEK::Tim
n1pfc

Post by n1pfc »

Could be a blown PA as well.... I've seen that before..

Kurt
I am <I>NOT</I> Hamsexy
SPEAKER MIC

Post by SPEAKER MIC »

i feel your pain, i hacked a ht1000 one time and beat my head for hours trying to recover [with success]..

shop it up, it aint worth the headaches, acid indigestion and bloodpressure medications..

good luck,

john
I TURN THE KNOB, THE LIGHT BLINKS AND IT BEEPS.........THATS ALL IT DOES!!!!!!
PLEASE WORK!!!..just once, thats all...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”