Motorola Software Refrence

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bnn121

Motorola Software Refrence

Post by bnn121 »

Back in the day when big "M" allowed just about anybody access to the web based site that referenced all the radio programming software, hardware, and part numbers for each radio that could be programmed, they keep it up to date for the most part. Since it has now been restricted to primarily MSS's I can no longer see that portion of the site.

Do they still keep a list on the site that shows what radio is programmed by what version of software, cable...etc...?

If so...is that info available?

While I'm at it...there use to be a site for Kenwood radios...it listed the software that was needed to program a certain model Kenwood radio...along with the correct cable. I can’t seem to locate that info anymore...would that be available also?

Thanks
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

You have to go to https://businessonline.motorola.com/Login.aspx first and set up an account. Once you are set up, there is a .pdf file on there which has the current listing for what takes what.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

Rick Rock wrote:You have to go to https://businessonline.motorola.com/Login.aspx first and set up an account. Once you are set up, there is a .pdf file on there which has the current listing for what takes what.
Thanks for the info....but

I believe that in order to see that portion of the site, you have had to of purchased programming software from them. I never have. Also, If I'm not mistaken...you have to be a MSS provider or have permissions set for that portion of the site, since they changed over to this new system.

At one time, they use to include a printout of this info when you recived your new software, but I guess thats not the case anymore.
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

Nope, just have to register. Once you're logged in, click on 'Resource Center', open the 'Software' option that appears, and finally select 'General Information'. That brings up a pdf file with the complete list.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

Rick Rock wrote:Nope, just have to register. Once you're logged in, click on 'Resource Center', open the 'Software' option that appears, and finally select 'General Information'. That brings up a pdf file with the complete list.

HMMM...not in my case...

I've had an account with Motorola Online for some years now. When I select the Resource Tab and Select Software Support, all I get is option to view the software license agreement...and then an option to submit a request to be allowed to order restricted software. No where on my screen is a PDF file of any type.

Again, I think this option is only visable to those who have MSS access or have purchased software thru BusinessOnline.

I could be wrong...but my login info...and I'm the one who setup the account...does not show me that info.

I'm not going to beat this to death...I figured it was a long shot to begin with.

Thanks for trying to help me out.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I downloaded the reference PDF and emailed it to you. Let me know if the attachment is rejected by your mail servers.

edit: MOL -> Resource Center (NOT SOFTWARE SUPPORT, but the Resource Center link itself!) -> Software -> General Information -> Radio Service Software Information - Two-Way.
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

escomm wrote:I downloaded the reference PDF and emailed it to you. Let me know if the attachment is rejected by your mail servers.

edit: MOL -> Resource Center (NOT SOFTWARE SUPPORT, but the Resource Center link itself!) -> Software -> General Information -> Radio Service Software Information - Two-Way.
Thanks...I got the PDF...

This is what my screen looks like when I click on the Resource Button.
And expanding any of the Items on the left...gives me nothing about software refrence...

So...since you sent me what I was looking for...I'll stop beating this...

Thanks again.

escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Clearly they didn't give you access to the Software section~
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

Same here, that file is absent from my MOL, though the category is there, just empty.

Moto's usual bull, nobody gets the same access.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
SuperD4K

Post by SuperD4K »

Did you fill out the software license agreement? If you did then you should be able to get access to the software sections
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

I have access to the software sections after doing the license agreement a while ago, but i don't see that .pdf file for some reason.

Oh well, no big deal.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”