Motorola Convertacom

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KA3ZPA

Motorola Convertacom

Post by KA3ZPA »

I have a convertacom for my saber, i use the saber mike with the led display, i do my own programming , i would like to know how i can program the keys on the mike the number is NMN6150A. Will i be able to change channels on my saber with this hand mike , or just what will i be able to do using this mike.

Thank You
Allen
1 Adam 12
sk

Saber MTVA

Post by 1 Adam 12 »

Ok, the Saber MTVA mike with display, has the exact same functions as the 3 buttons directly under the display on your Saber radio. The buttons themselves are not programmable. They function exactly as the radio buttons do. There is a way to change channels on your Saber with the mike, but to do so you cannot have zones, and must select the option in the RSS. By doing this the radio loses use of the channel knob and uses the keypad to select channels instead. When this option is selected it will allow the mike also to function this way. If you use zones, then the buttons control Zone, scan, MPL, etc , but channels have to selected via the knob.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”