Federal Vista Bar

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rangerfourever

Federal Vista Bar

Post by rangerfourever »

anyone have experience with making the ally lights on a Federal Vista bar flash like intersection lights in code 3 mode? we use the Federal smart siren sm as a controller. Would also like to see if the takedowns will flash. In addition, anyone done strobes in the red rear taillights on Explorers? I was working an injury accident last week and the rear warning off the Vista bar is not enough because of the height of the vehicle. thanks guys we sometimes have to lead our shop by the hand when it comes to the squads :-?
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

what year is your exploder?

just hook up any flasher to your takedowns/alleys and you should be well underway.

I guess if you wanted to wire these lights into the SM function, you can always add them on any signalmaster outlet and program them to whatever slide switch position you want them on (that way you wont need to add a flasher).

Might want to consider a taillight/brake/reverse light flasher or lights in the rear window if you don't want to drill for strobes.
rangerfourever

Post by rangerfourever »

We have two 04s and one 03 looking at getting two new 07s I will check with the local Federal dealer about wiring the SM to flash either takedowns/allys

I actually would like to suggest to the shop that we do something simple (for them!) like "flashbacks" in the tail light assemblies, hence no hole drilling. thanks for the ideas, I will see what the shop lets us do

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”