2006 Toyota Double Cab MCS2000 Install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

adam12431

2006 Toyota Double Cab MCS2000 Install

Post by adam12431 »

Hello all,

I thought I would post a pic of my MCS2000 install in my 2006 Tundra Cab.

The radio itself is mounted under the rear passengers side seat in a storage compartment.

The radio head is mounted on the center console just below the cupholders.

The MCS 2000 is a uhf 110 watt model.

Other goodies in the truck are as follows:

Bearcat BC350
Motorola Car Kit for a V555
Sirius Satellite Radio

Not Seen in photo:

Kenwood TK762 VHF Radio (yeah I know ) Soon to be replaced with another MCS2000

Motorola Astro Saber II

http://photos.yahoo.com/adam12431
John Moem

Post by John Moem »

Very nice. I have a 2006 Tacoma dual cab short bed and mounted a VHF MCS200 100 Watt radio in it similarly. I have the drawer unit under the driver side rear passenger seat in the compartment. A heavy gauge fused Motorola power line goes directly under the door floor panels to the battery. The power ground is directly to the seat mount adjacent to the radio drawer unit. The remote head is placed in the slot tray forward of the automatic gear shifter and the speaker tucked under the driver side dash (the hardest part of the whole install!). A mag mount 1/4 wave antenna is on the roof. The neatest part of the whole installation? Not one hole was drilled!! Absolutely no changing any part of the vehicle.
adam12431

Post by adam12431 »

sounds very similar to what I did. I lease my vehicles so I didn't to drill any holes, and your right the ext speaker was the hardest part of the install.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

nice except for the hoo hoo howie little dogiie radio

OnA party rock

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”