HT/PRO vhf stubby identification...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

HT/PRO vhf stubby identification...

Post by JRUTA »

Hi,

Just got my new HT1550xls,

I'm trying to figure out if i have the correct antenna on my radio, what I WANT is a vhf stubby (tapered- cone type) in the vhf public safety range (150's--160`s)

The antenna I currently HAVE is the described type, marked as "VHF" on the side, and the connector on the base has NO coloring (steel)

I'm VERY confused as to exactly WHERE i'm supposed to be looking for a color code on the antenna base?

Am I destroying my new radio if I'm not using the correct antenna for these frequencies???

Any help appreciated,

Thanx.
MotoMax300
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by MotoMax300 »

The bottom of the antenna screw has colored paint on it, on the metal, I dont have my list of color to freq here though, soemone else does.
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

Post by J.Sanor »

The new cone type antennas have the color code around the connector under the skirt of the antenna on the washer that is also the insulator.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

the vhf stubby on my ht1550 actually says motorola and vhf right on the side of it. i thought the color scheme was only for the ht1000 type. but the color around the base of mine is just brown, there is nothing painted on the bottom of the threaded part.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

Post by JRUTA »

oK,

well mine doesn't appear to have a colored washer- it's simply the black moulding on the inside (under the skirt) i don't see any part numbers.

Thanks-

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”