Saber pocket charger, will it work with Saber R?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EPC_1111
What radios do you own?: More than you could imagine

Saber pocket charger, will it work with Saber R?

Post by EPC_1111 »

I won an auction for a Systems Saber 1R, and need a charger. I was offered a great deal on a pocket charger, will it work?

I also have a Saber 3 coming in the next few weeks. Im assuming they will work together.
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

The ruggedized sabers are different physically on the outside
from the normal saber. The only pocket charger I know of
is for the normal saber. If you are refering to the radios
to each other yes as long as they are in the same band and bandsplit
and programmed to do so. But if you are refering to the batteries
and accessories and chargers etc you may find incompatibilities
there. I would get a good look before I invested to much in
accessories. Phrawg
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
EPC_1111

Post by EPC_1111 »

I figured the outside of the batteries would be different, but couldnt figure it out.

I was fairly sure the saber 3 Im getting will fit. The radios are imcompatiable.

Thank you for the help.
oh2glg
What radios do you own?: DP4801 DM4601 SL7550 MTP850S

Re: Saber pocket charger, will it work with Saber R?

Post by oh2glg »

EPC_1111 wrote:I won an auction for a Systems Saber 1R, and need a charger. I was offered a great deal on a pocket charger, will it work?

I also have a Saber 3 coming in the next few weeks. Im assuming they will work together.
Both regular Saber battery and Rugged Saber battery do fit to same charger. Both of them have same dimensions.

Also, you should note, that pocket charger is a slow charger. It might take up to 10 to 15 hours to get battery completely full, where normal rapid charger takes just 1-2 hours.
akardam

Post by akardam »

My understanding is that on a ruggedized saber, only the business end of the battery is different - the charger end of the battery is identical. So although you can't mix and match ruggedized batteries to a regular radio and vice versa, I would think you'd be able to charge both types of batteries with the same Saber or Impres charger.
oh2glg
What radios do you own?: DP4801 DM4601 SL7550 MTP850S

Re: Saber pocket charger, will it work with Saber R?

Post by oh2glg »

akardam wrote:..the charger end of the battery is identical. So although you can't mix and match ruggedized batteries to a regular radio and vice versa, I would think you'd be able to charge both types of batteries with the same Saber or Impres charger.
Well, that's what I meant to say, but put in words with better way. :)
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

All Sabers will fit both thee rapid and the porta-pocket chargers, the case dimensions are identical in those regards.

Regular Sabers, I, II, III

Systems Sabers, I, II, III

SaberR, I, II, III

Astro Saber, I, II, III

All the above models are designed to accept and use the same charging equipment, the only changes come when you are dealing with audio adaptors, specific cases, belt clips and RSS.
EPC_1111

Post by EPC_1111 »

Ok, Mahalos all around. I can deal with doing overnight charging, I do it most of the time with my hand helds now. The guy is selling the pocket chargers for $12, much less than I can find a rapid charger for.
newmoto

old post

Post by newmoto »

Hello, I know this is an old post, but would anyone know what the output DC voltage is on the OEM A/C adapter for the Saber pocket chargers? Thanks .....Gary

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”