Budet LED warning lights?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

TacticalOne

Budet LED warning lights?

Post by TacticalOne »

Has anyone out there had any luck with the budget LED warning lights that are out there?
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy SIG and thy ASP, they comfort me.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

The Whelen TIR3's and the ?? LX4's are small and bright.

If you can wait about a month, the new Whelen Linear3's (LIN-3) should be out. Just like the tir3's, but in a linear setup should should be sweet. Street price around $60

Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
jhook

Post by jhook »

TacticalOne what type of budget light's are you meaning like knock off stuff from china ? i've heard most of it is crap. unlike the lightning x brand which is china as well but it seems well made i'm running quite a bit of it with no problems so far. if your wanting a impressive light check out the Copstick line i just got one last week in a 3 head and all i can say is wow there bright.Jhook
BAT9228
TacticalOne

yes

Post by TacticalOne »

yeah I was taling about the china stuff... altough how much of this electronic stuff is not made in china? Even Whelen has a budget line now... I was just wondering if it was worth twice the cost to buy the Whelen? Thanks for the input.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy SIG and thy ASP, they comfort me.
rcpd34

Post by rcpd34 »

You get what you pay for. Don't skimp on emergency equipment. Shop around and find the best price. Have you considered the new LED Stars? You might also try Galaxy modules; they work great.
Brian Paul
Freestate Services, LLC
P.O. Box 1515
Rockville MD 20849
301-963-5880
Nextel National Direct Connect 164*71*315
http://www.EmergencyVehicleSolutions.com
allcomm

Post by allcomm »

Pj

Post by Pj »

Just got my set of LIN3's in Friday. Well worth the cash. Nice wide bright and cheap.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
rwo978
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by rwo978 »

So the LX4 by Lighting X is okay? Is the output fairly comparable to the TIR3? I'm trying to update my LED package from the GEN1 Sho-me LED-by-inch, but don't have mucho bucks to spend.
Ryan
Pj

Post by Pj »

Light output is about the same. Advantage of these over the TIR3 is one extra LED and side by side flashing if you like that.

Otherwide, I'd go with the LIN3's.
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

Has anybody tried these lights yet, they usually go for about 65$ to 80$ US Just wondering if it would be worth the money or would it be better to save up for a real whelen talon? http://cgi.ebay.ca/DUAL-POLICE-FIRE-SEC ... dZViewItem
rwo978
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by rwo978 »

Looks like someone else is selling the cheap China stuff, unless StrobeLightKing changed his selling ID. Save your money for the real deal.
Ryan
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

rwo978 wrote:Looks like someone else is selling the cheap China stuff, unless StrobeLightKing changed his selling ID. Save your money for the real deal.
Yup, that is a real, genuine, Tal-On. Save your money - they're crap.
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

I think it is strobelightking under a different accont cause all the auctions look the same and the shipping is the same, however I could be mistaken, so you guys think they're junk, good to know, thanks for the input.
Adam

Post by Adam »

StrobeLightKing is under legal investigation by Sound Off Inc. I wouldn't be surprised if others are after him as well. He's burning people and ripping off company's hard earned technologies.
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

Really, I never heard that before, thats very interesting, any more info you can share?
ESDA20

Post by ESDA20 »

Why spend 40 dollars on cheap lights, when you can opt not to smoke for a day, cut down your pepsi or beer intake, lay off the candy snack machine, etc and save some loot for a couple extra days, or maybe even weeks... and volia. You have enough money to buy some nice goodies.

I love all these kids who join our department, get off probation, and literally put themselves into minor debt with new toys. Save 5 bucks a week while yer on probation, and by the time you get off, if you really want/need lights, radios, sirens, gadgets, etc... then you'll be able to buy 'em all. :)
chipjumper
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 for work

Post by chipjumper »

Is this new whelen TIR3 model that looks like a talon going to be bigger in size compared to the original TIR3's???

"A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood." -Patton
IMBEJames

Post by IMBEJames »

It's not a TIR at all, it's a linear setup (there's a difference)... Last I heard, the Lin3 is the same size and should be interchangeable with anything you can cram a TIR3 into now; dominators, for example.

I can't wait for them not to be backordered anymore around here. Word is they're pretty impressive.
James Eslinger

York, Maine
jhook

weldon 3112-8090 led dash light review

Post by jhook »

If any one is interested i just recieved a new weldon led dash light. it is 6gen 3 led's in a nice housing set up for windshield mounting.It has 28 flash pattern's and is one bright little light. there made in china for weldon which is a US company who's been around for ever.The retail price is 128.00 dollar's which i don't think is that bad for what you get ,very well made great optic's heavy cord and mount.If any one would like more info or would like to buy one i'm able to give batlabber's a discount off the retail price drop me a pm. i have a short video i shot last night in the house with it sitting on the desk not the greatest but it will give you a idea of what there like. here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEeU6Rj7Hu0
thanks jhook
BAT9228
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

What kind of discount are we talking here?
jhook

Post by jhook »

pm sent to pump3
BAT9228

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”