Motorola RSS Question...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

meggabad

Motorola RSS Question...

Post by meggabad »

Hello all,

I would like to know what I need to do to purchase RSS from Motorola. Specifically, I intend to buy, refurbish, and sell used radio equipment. Therefore, I will need up to date and current RSS, yet I'm unsure how to go about it through Motorola. Do they sell RSS, do you need any special licenses (I do have my Ham license)? Also, what would it cost me to purchase RSS for ASTRO Saber's, XTS300/XTS5000 and any other RSS I need. I currently program our P1225's where I work but no one there could even tell me what that RSS cost the company. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -Drew
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

http://businessonline.motorola.com/

register and buy.
sometimes they say yes and sometimes they say no!

cost is around 275 per package for three years
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

don't tell them you are going to refurbish radios, motorola don't like those kind of terms or used radios, they want you to deal with new ones.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
meggabad

Post by meggabad »

Bruce1807 wrote:http://businessonline.motorola.com/

register and buy.

Price seems reasonable, Thanks.

HLA wrote:don't tell them you are going to refurbish radios, motorola don't like those kind of terms or used radios, they want you to deal with new ones.
What would you recommend telling them then, if you would be so kind to enlighten me. What I mean is, what type of explanation would one give for wanting to buy RSS for several different radios?
MRFLASHPORT

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

meggabad,

Having a stupid ham ticket is not going to help you get Software, It all depends on where you live and how many radio shops you live near!

Good luck!
MrFlashPort
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

meggabad wrote:
Bruce1807 wrote:http://businessonline.motorola.com/

register and buy.

Price seems reasonable, Thanks.

HLA wrote:don't tell them you are going to refurbish radios, motorola don't like those kind of terms or used radios, they want you to deal with new ones.
What would you recommend telling them then, if you would be so kind to enlighten me. What I mean is, what type of explanation would one give for wanting to buy RSS for several different radios?
Don't say anything, just ask to buy the software. The person on the other end of the phone probably won't care enough to ask why anyway.

Motorola is REALLY not a fan of the used market.
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

MRFLASHPORT wrote:meggabad,

Having a stupid ham ticket is not going to help you get Software, It all depends on where you live and how many radio shops you live near!

Good luck!
EXCUSE ME !!!! Ham for 30 + years and proud of it. ! N5SPU

Where do you think that most of the inovations in land mobile
were experimented with and perfected before the industry sucked
them up and spent the big bux to market and mass produced them.

There are a lot of us hams here who dont like that kind of references
made. And as a side note, we are not "hammies" as some like
to call us. We are simply "hams" or "amateur radio operators".
Remember, when the multimillion dollar so called interoperable
whizbang radio system falls apart in a disaster, we are the ones
who supply multi band, multi repeater, linked systems to fill in the
holes and acomplish that within minutes or hours and usually
run just as smooth or even a better comm link than the one
we are filling in for.

ok, rant over, just give us some respect for what we do.
soapbox dismounted Phrawg N5SPU extra class amateur
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

MRFLASHPORT wrote:meggabad,

Good luck!
Id say that is a pretty rude reply to an Honest question.

I have my ticket also. That is how I got started in the hobby of 2-way and have bought software from Motorola . Honestly I dont recall ever being asked what I was planning to do with it . As long as you pay what they want, the person taking the order doesnt care. The ONLY time I have heard of anyone getting denied is when they didnt have an agreement on file or were asking for something that was an SP RSS package.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Enough.

MRFLASHPORT - your comment was uncalled for.

For the OP, you already have the info you need. Sign up for MOL, agree to the licensing agreement, and purchase away.

Thread locked.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”