Help!!! Accident in programming HT1550

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VR2WTF
was likimkim - 1 Warning for RSS/CPS

Help!!! Accident in programming HT1550

Post by VR2WTF »

Oh, Please help me!
When I programme the radio but suddenly the cable is disconnected and then the display showing "EEPRM CS ERROR" and then I cannot programme back the original codeplug. The CPS shows "Type control block bit for Vector #21 is 0 but the vector is fd7f"
And I want to read the radio again but this time it shows "Imaga is Corrupted. Checksum for R/W region failed."
Oh......What can I do??
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

A common problem when aftermarket cables are used.
You can now be the proud possesor of a very pretty radio
shaped "brick" which makes a great paperweight or doorstop,
OR, send it through the proper Motorola channels where
you are located to the factory for a firmware reconstruction.
One way or another it goes home. Probably going to cost
at or near what a professional factory program cable costs to get fixed.

Sorry to be the bearer of not so good news. Phrawg
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
VR2WTF

Post by VR2WTF »

Is it using original cable that won't happen it even if disconnection during programming?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

you will never be able to read the radio when it's got that error, the only thing you can do is open a codeplug and keep trying to write it to the radio. it will eventually write and you should be fine.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

NO, you cannot remove the cable during programming
whether it is factory cable or aftermarket. It is just that
the aftermarket cables tend to not attach as securely and
are more prone to have intermitent connections much more
often. The price you pay for an original can be considered
as insurance that it wont be the cause of what happen to you.
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
VR2WTF

Post by VR2WTF »

HLA wrote:you will never be able to read the radio when it's got that error, the only thing you can do is open a codeplug and keep trying to write it to the radio. it will eventually write and you should be fine.
Hi HLA
You mean use the saved codeplug and keep writing to the radio until success?
HLA

Post by HLA »

yes, just open an old saved codeplug and keep trying to write it to the radio. don't try to read it until after you get it to write the saved codeplug sucessfully. after that you will never know it had that error and it will be good as new.
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

If the codeplug won't ever go back in, the radio will need to either be returned to Motorola, or you'll have to find someone who can reflash the radio.
Jake
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

Some have said to have success writing to the radio with an older version CPS or even attempting to do a firmware upgrade. I think the latest Professional Series Firmware for Portables address the CS EPROM if using R05.11.03 Firmware, I doubt it would have helped in your situation though.
Item #1: Codeplug corruption during CPS programming.
While programming a radio with radio firmware R05.11.03 using the CPS,
corruption of the radio codeplug could occur in some scenarios.
This issue has been resolved with this current release of radio firmware.
HLA

Post by HLA »

the firmware upgrade does not work in theese situations, for the upgrade tool to work it first has to read the radio for it's information so it knows which firmware to put in the radio, and since it's errored it won't work. there is over a dozen different firmware files in the program for every waris radio, portable and mobile, except for 4 line radios so it can't put the wrong one in the wrong radio.
HLA
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

HLA wrote:the firmware upgrade does not work in theese situations, for the upgrade tool to work it first has to read the radio for it's information so it knows which firmware to put in the radio, and since it's errored it won't work. there is over a dozen different firmware files in the program for every waris radio, portable and mobile, except for 4 line radios so it can't put the wrong one in the wrong radio.
It works, i've done it on 3 different radios with EEPROM CS ERROR and EEPROM HW ERROR.
Jake
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

NSPD wrote:
HLA wrote:the firmware upgrade does not work in theese situations, for the upgrade tool to work it first has to read the radio for it's information so it knows which firmware to put in the radio, and since it's errored it won't work. there is over a dozen different firmware files in the program for every waris radio, portable and mobile, except for 4 line radios so it can't put the wrong one in the wrong radio.
It works, i've done it on 3 different radios with EEPROM CS ERROR and EEPROM HW ERROR.
As have I, although sometimes it does give an error. For times like those, I start the procedure with an identical radio, then swap the 'bad' unit when it's time to bootstrap & squirt in the new firmware.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
VR2WTF

Post by VR2WTF »

Really thanks to all here!
I am going to try again.
Hope it success!
73 de
VR2WTF
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

You can fix it with the lab flashtool if the other methods do not work.

Andreas
Terriers618
was Jason618
What radios do you own?: Motorola Syntor X9000.....

Post by Terriers618 »

I had this problem with a CDM1250, droped from CPS version 6.7.01 to 6.4.00 and wrote in the original codeplug, no problem!
VR2WTF

Post by VR2WTF »

Jason618 wrote:I had this problem with a CDM1250, droped from CPS version 6.7.01 to 6.4.00 and wrote in the original codeplug, no problem!
Thanks Jason~~
I programme it with R06.06.00, let me find back how "old" of the CPS I got so I can try your suggestion.

73 de
VR2WTF

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”