Spectra DTMF Tone Decoding

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jongage
What radios do you own?: Alot of old Motorolas

Spectra DTMF Tone Decoding

Post by Jongage »

Ok, my department used DTMF tones to ring down the stations. How can I program my spectra to "ringdown" when it receives the tones. I have worked in systems before that the control head blinks "call" when rang down. The code is 2200. I am using the lab software.

-Jongage :o
Will

Post by Will »

The Spectra needs the DTMF decoder board unless it is a 800/900 trunking radio.

You need the Spectra RSS, and it will see the decoder if one is there.
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

According to 6807992D56 Spectra DTMF manual, the conventional radio needs a 5.10 or later version MLM for DTMF decoding.

http://www.open.org/~blenderm/spectra/i ... ml#spfrver

The 900 MHz radio HLN6150 hear clear board only has bare copper traces with no DTMF decoder circuitry installed. I never found the part number (probably a SP number) that includes the DTMF parts on the hear clear board. Also, all of the earlier hear clear boards do not have any provision for DTMF.

http://www.open.org/~blenderm/spectra/p ... html#spopt

The HLN6151 is the DTMF only decoder board.
Will

Re: Spectra DTMF Tone Decoding

Post by Will »

Mike,
The DTMF Decoder boards are simmular to the "hearclear" boards with just the DTMF decoder parts on them.

If the Spectra had DTMF decode, the parts were on the "Hearclear" board on the older 900 Spectras.

I think I have a DTMF (only) decoder board in the shop, I will post the part number.

. HLN6151A "Board" $187 in 1993!!!!
Last edited by Will on Wed May 30, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

Re: Spectra DTMF Tone Decoding

Post by jwb8734 »

Will,

Let me know if you might be intrested in parting with the board. Also does it display the DTMF ID on the screen?

Return to “Radio Programming”