HT1000 RSM trouble

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GP-38
What radios do you own?: RR Spectras, MT2K, SS3, HT1K

HT1000 RSM trouble

Post by GP-38 »

Hey folks. How often does the connector on the HT1000 have issues? A coworker has one that, as of late, he can't use a speaker mic on. We've tried three different mics, none work. The internal mic works fine, so I'm thinking it's something in the connector or inside the radio. Novice question, my appologies. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
~Me
What explosion?
Napalm

Re: HT1000 RSM trouble

Post by Napalm »

Try reflowing the solder on the joints at the top of the radio.

Have two here that have cracked solder joints.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: HT1000 RSM trouble

Post by AEC »

Speaker mics are a pain....I would try a different mic first, to make certain it is actually the radio that's in question, or the mic itself.

If both mics fail to route audio, then I would look at the radio as the root cause of the problem.

The controller board handles the switching of TX and RX audio, while the 'fingers' on the RF switch handle the mechanical switching of the RF from the internal antenna to the external, nothing else.

If two, known good mics do not work...look into replacing the controller board, as the audio is not being handled properly by the controller(which provides necessary switching between internal and external audio devices, such as a speaker/mic).

On open/closed architecture controllers, U705 routes the audio from internal to external speaker/mics via the accy. connector on the side of the radio.

Before ripping the radio down, check over the flex cables on the inside of the radio first and make sure both are seated firmly and properly in their respective headers, and the retainer clamps are locked down firmly as well.

I'll bet this is the cure to your troubles...if not, you'll be replacing the controller in short order, sad to say.

I hope this helps, if but a little.....good luck!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”